Space Management Policy
This policy applies to:
- Space management;
- Booking of learning and event spaces; and
- Allocation of space in order to guide the Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) towards the maximum of utilisation of existing and future space
3.1 All CIT space is owned by CIT and managed by the Corporate Services Facilities Unit. Centres or discipline areas may at times be charged with custodianship of Special Purpose Learning Space or Specialist Learning Space. This custodianship does not infer ownership rights.
3.2 Manage allocation, booking and auditing and of CIT learning and non-learning space will be in accordance with the CIT Space Management Manual.
- Space Planning Guidelines Edition 3: Australasian Tertiary Education Facilities Management Association – 2009
- The ACT Government Real Estate Policy
- The ACT Government Real Estate Policy (GREP): Office Accommodation and Fit-out Guidelines.
Space - Physical property resources within CIT that may be learning or non-learning areas and may include open spaces.
- The allocation of existing and future learning and non-learning additional space and alterations to existing space;
- Booking of learning and event spaces;
- Conducting and reporting on utilisation and condition audits; and
- Establishing annual space utilisation targets for learning and non-learning spaces.
Space Management Manual - A manual prepared and maintained by the CIT Corporate Services Facilities to manage allocation, booking and auditing and of CIT learning and non-learning space.
Facilities Unit - A unit within the Corporate Services which is responsible for the development, operation, management and booking of CIT’s building and infrastructure assets.
6. Policy Contact Officer
For more information about this policy contact Senior Manager, Facilities.
Contact CIT Student Services on (02) 6207 3188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policy No: 2017/474
Approved: December 2018
Next Review: September 2023
Category: Corporate Policies
Policy Owner: Executive Director, Corporate Services
| Space Management Manual|
(PDF File 431.0 KB)
CIT Definition of Terms
Client Service Charter
Student Code of Conduct
|POLICIES LAST UPDATED|
2023-03-08: Admission and Enrolment Policy
2022-06-01: Corporate Credit Card Policy
2022-12-08: Revenue and Receipting Policy
2022-11-29: Higher Education - Free Intellectual Enquiry Policy
2022-11-29: Higher Education - Academic Misconduct Policy