CIT Academic transcripts and program completion documents
Digital documents - My eQuals
We issue digital academic documents to CIT students and graduates on My eQuals. My eQuals is a secure and trusted provider of certified digital documents. We have joined other tertiary education providers across Australia and New Zealand who have adopted this technology.
My eQuals provides you with:
- immediate access to your digital academic documents 24/7 from anywhere in the world. NOTE: digital documents are not supplied as email attachments, they are made available through My eQuals.
- secure credentials, ensuring the authenticity of your qualifications.
- secure academic document sharing with third parties, such as employers, registering bodies and other institutions.
More information about My eQuals.
Paper copies of qualifications will be issued on request (at no cost) by completing the Request for CIT Academic Documents online form or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to supply your CIT student number, date of birth, an up-to-date mailing address, the CIT code and the name of the course.
Accessing My eQuals
When an academic document is generated for you an email notification will be sent to you. This email will include a link to register for an account if you are a first-time user or a link to your My eQuals account if you have previously registered.
Registering for a My eQuals account
If using My eQuals for the first time you will need to register using the Registration link in the email sent to you. You will then receive another email, sent to the email address you provided, asking you to verify your email address by clicking on the link to activate your account.
- Go to your email and activate your account – you will only have to do this once
- You will then be taken directly to your documents in My eQuals
Linking emails and social media accounts in My eQuals
When logged in you can use the 'Profile > Link' settings to link additional email and social media accounts to your My eQuals profile.
Email notifications will be sent to your 'primary' email only.
You can also check your unofficial transcript via CIT Self Service.
If you need an official record of your results before completing your course, you can request an Official Academic Transcript, which shows all subjects achieved in your course by completing the Request for CIT Academic Documents online form. When requesting an Official Academic Transcript from CIT, please supply your CIT student number, date of birth, your current mailing address, the CIT course code and the name of the course.
A digital transcript will be issued to you at no cost on My eQuals. You will receive an email to confirm that your transcript is available and how to access the My eQuals portal. If you need a hard copy, please indicate this on the request form. Your first hardcopy will be issued to you at no cost, charges may apply for subsequent copies.
Official course completion documents
- CIT Award (Testamur)
- Record of Results
- Statement of Attainment
- Trade Paper (ACT Apprentices and Trade Recognition students only)
- Specialisation Statement (if applicable)
When you complete your qualification you will be issued with a digital CIT Award and/or an Official Academic Transcript within 30 days of your final pass grade being entered into Banner. You will receive an email to confirm that your digital documents are available to access through the My eQuals portal.
Your documents will be issued with your full name exactly as it appears in Banner. Please check that spelling, capitalisation and middle names are recorded correctly through CIT Self Service.
If you do not receive your digital academic documents within 30 days of completion, please email email@example.com with your CIT student number, date of birth, the course code and the name of the course which you require. Some of the possible reasons for the delay are listed below and you can check these by logging on to CIT Self Service.
- Is your email address correct? If your email address is not correct, update it immediately via CIT Self Service and email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to have your documents redirected.
- Do you have missing grades? Check your unofficial transcript via CIT Self Service. If your transcript shows that you have been unsuccessful in a subject/s and you don't think that the grade is correct or there are grades missing, contact your teacher directly or email email@example.com so that this issue can be resolved.
- Do you have a hold on your record that prevents any academic documents from being released to you? If you do have a hold on your record, call CIT Student Services on (02) 6207 3188 to resolve this issue. Don't forget to email firstname.lastname@example.org after your hold has been lifted so that your academic documents can be issued.
* Students who complete one of the following qualification levels are eligible for a CIT Testamur - Certificate I - IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Degree, Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma qualifications, and ELICOS programs. Students who complete short courses or partially complete one of the qualification levels listed above will be issued with an Official Academic Transcript only.
ACT Year 12 Certificate course
The ACT Year 12 Certificate is awarded by the ACT Board of Senior Secondary Studies (BSSS). For more information on this certificate visit bsss.act.edu.au or talk to CIT Year 12 staff.
Apprentices and trainees
Apprentices/trainees must have their on-the-job competencies validated and signed off by both their CIT teacher and employer before program completion documents can be issued. For further details contact a CIT Apprenticeship Officer on (02) 6207 7823.
Competency Cards are available for selected courses where there is an established industry need.
Request for replacement or additional academic documents
If you have lost or damaged your original CIT Award, Official Academic Transcript, Trade Paper or Competency Card you may apply for a replacement. You need to fill in the Request for CIT Academic Documents online form. There are currently no fees for replacements.
A correctly completed Statutory Declaration needs to be provided with your request for replacement when an original CIT Award or Trade Paper cannot be returned to CIT and requires re-issuance due to loss, damage, or a name change.
If you are applying for replacement documents due to a name change you must provide certified copies of change of name documentation from the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages. A replacement testamur cannot be issued if the original testamur is still in your possession. The original must be returned to CIT before a replacement can be issued.
|Academic Document Replacement|
|Year of Completion||Item to be replaced||Issuing Service Standard|
|2004 - present||Trade papers||2 weeks|
|1998 - present||Academic transcripts/specialisation statement||2 weeks|
|For academic records issued prior to 1998 (from archives)||Transcript of academic record including confirmation of completion if applicable (digital version not available)||8 weeks|
Course transition information
Qualifications at CIT are regularly updated or replaced to meet current industry needs and maximise your employment opportunities. If this occurs while you are part way through a qualification, you may need to vary your learning to meet the new national requirements. CIT will aim to make this as smooth as possible for you.