Skip to Content
Need Help Live Chat

CIT Academic Transcripts and Program Completion Documents

You can check your academic record at any time during your study, unless you have a hold on your record that stops you from accessing your grades. Unofficial Transcripts are available at any time via the CIT website under Current Students - CIT Self Service or during opening hours from CIT Student Services on your campus.

Competency Cards

CIT Competency Cards are issued to students on the completion of specific competencies to meet industry requirements.

Official Program Completion Documents

  • CIT Testamur* (Award Certificate)
  • Official Academic Transcript
  • Trade Paper (ACT Apprentices and Trade Recognition students only)
  • Specialisation Statement (if applicable)

When you complete your qualification you will be issued with a CIT Testamur* and/or an Official Academic Transcript within 30 days of your teacher entering the final pass grade for your last subject, provided you do not have a hold on your student account relating to your qualification.

For some qualifications, CIT provides the option of attending a Graduation Celebration Event upon completion. If your qualification has a Celebration event, we will let you know.

If you do not receive your CIT Testamur* and/or Official Academic Transcripts within 30 days of completion, please email with your CIT student number, date of birth, the program code and the name of the program which you require. Some of the possible reasons for the delay are listed below and you can check these by logging on to CIT Self Service.

  • Is your address correct? If your address is not correct, update it immediately via CIT Self Service. If your qualification has already been posted and you are not able to retrieve it from Australia Post, there will be a charge to have it reissued.
  • Do you have missing grades? Check your unofficial transcript via CIT Self Service. If your transcript shows that you have been unsuccessful in a subject/s and you don't think that the grade is correct or there are grades missing, contact your teacher directly or email so that this issue can be resolved.
  • Do you have a hold on your record that prevents any academic documents from being released to you? If you do have a hold on your record, call CIT Student Services on (02) 6207 3188 to resolve this issue. Don't forget to email after your hold has been lifted so that your academic documents can be issued.

* Students who complete one of the following qualification levels are eligible for a CIT Testamur - Certificate I - IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Degree, Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma qualifications. Students who complete short courses or partially complete one of the qualification levels listed above will be issued with an Official Academic Transcript only.

ACT Year 12 Certificate course

The ACT Year 12 Certificate is awarded by the ACT Board of Senior Secondary Studies. For more information on this Certificate visit or talk to the CIT Year 12 staff.

Apprentices and Trainees

Apprentices/trainees must have their on-the-job competencies validated and signed off by both their CIT teacher and employer before program completion documents can be issued. For further details contact CIT Apprenticeship Officer on (02) 6207 7823.

Request for Replacement or Additional Academic Documents

If you have lost or damaged your original Testamur, Official Academic Transcript or Competency Card, you are able to apply for a replacement. You need to fill in the Request for CIT Academic Documents online form. Fees apply for the replacement of academic documents; please refer to the fee schedule below.

A completed Statutory Declaration needs to be provided with your request for replacement when an original Testamur or Trade Paper cannot be returned to CIT and requires re-printing due to loss, damage, or a name change.

If you are applying for replacement documents due to a name change you must provide certified copies of change of name documentation from the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.

Once your request is received we will contact you to confirm the fees payable, and email you an invoice for the replacement cost if you wish to proceed. Following payment, please allow 10 working days for your application to be processed.

If your request is urgent, you can choose to pay an additional charge of $40.00 for priority processing. Your documents will be available 48 hours after you provide us with a copy of your receipt for payment. Priority processing does not apply for academic records older than 1998.

Fee Schedule - Academic Document Replacement
Year of Completion Item to be replaced Replacement Cost Issuing Service Standard
2004 - present Trade papers $50 2 weeks
1998 - present Academic transcripts/specialisation statement $20 2 weeks
2010 - present * Competency Cards $20 2 weeks
3 years ago or less Testamur and transcript $50 2 weeks
More than 3 years ago (back to 1998) Testamur and transcript $75 4 weeks
For academic records issued prior to 1998 (from archives) Typed transcript of academic record including completion status if applicable $100 8 weeks
Note: Concessions do not apply to academic document replacement costs

Any student who feels they should be exempt from paying the replacement fees may present their reasons in writing via email, and will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Manager, Awards and Programs.

* NB - Replacement of the old style three fold Competency card will be replaced at no cost to student.

Program Transition Information

Qualifications at CIT are regularly updated or replaced to meet current industry needs and maximise your employment opportunities. If this occurs while you are part way through a qualification, you may need to vary your learning to meet the new national requirements. CIT will aim to make this as smooth as possible for you.

If you have questions, please talk to your teacher or contact CIT Student Services on (02) 6207 3188.

Official Academic Transcripts

If you need an official record of your results before completing your course for a job interview or because you are leaving Canberra and are unable to complete your course with CIT, an Official Academic Transcript will show all subjects achieved in your course and is an official CIT document. (Please note if you are withdrawing from your CIT course, please advise CIT Student Services by calling (02) 6207 3188 or email

To obtain an Official Academic Transcript you need to fill in the Request for CIT Academic Documents online form. The form may also be accessed from the CIT website under Current Students - Student Forms. There is no charge for the first Official Academic Transcript (one copy only) for the program you are currently studying or if you have achieved additional grades since you last requested a transcript.

When requesting an Official Academic Transcript from CIT, you will need to supply your CIT student number, your date of birth, an up-to-date mailing address, the program code and the name of the program.