Concessions and Fee Assistance
- Fee Assistance is a financial assistance program that can assist with course costs for eligible students who are experiencing financial hardship.To apply, students must submit an online application form and supporting documents each time they would like support towards an eligible course cost.
- To apply, students must submit an online application form and supporting documents.
* If eligible, CIT fee concessions are available in addition to Fee Assistance.
A 50% concession applies to all students who are in receipt of Pensioner Concession Card (PCC), Health Care Card, Veteran Affairs Pension, or Veteran Affairs Children's Education Scheme Allowance (VACESA).
You will need to provide evidence of eligibility for Concession. You will need to provide at least one of the following:
- Recent Income Statement - Centrelink form. These statements are available on request from Centrelink and must show your name, address, type of benefit and date benefit commenced.
- Current Letter of Confirmation - Centrelink form. This is the letter sent to advise recipients of their Centrelink entitlements and payment arrangements. It must show your name, address, type of benefit, and date benefit commenced. CIT Student Services will check that the fees due date is covered.
- Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) or Health Care Card
- And complete a Centrelink Client Consent Form (PDF File 563.3 KB)
- Veteran Affairs Pension - Gold Card
- Veteran Affairs Children's Education Scheme Allowance (VACESA).
- Recipient must provide the notification from VACESA advising of successful application of the Long Tan Bursary.
In addition Australian Apprentices may still be eligible for a concession, by providing evidence (in the form of payslips) demonstrating they are a low income earner, or apply for financial hardship circumstances. Please enquire at any CIT Student Services Shopfront.
Concessions do not apply to:
- CIT Commercial courses
- Higher Education fees (Degrees and Associate Degrees)
- CIT Card replacement fee
- CIT Solutions courses
- Project/Resource fees
- Excursion fees
- Administration fees
- Printing and photocopying charges
- Graduation robe hire fee
- Replacement award fee
- International students.
Sponsored students including those from:
- government agencies
- public and private employers
- funded employment agencies.
Fees will vary according to course and study load.
Note: Study hours may include theory and practical classes; industry practicums, self-paced or self-directed learning, private study, project and research work - on or off campus.
Contact CIT Student Services for more information:
- (02) 6207 3188
- Visit CIT Student Services on campus
- CIT Student Support (02) 6207 3290
- CIT Yurauna Centre (02) 6207 3309