Concessions and Fee Assistance
ACT Government Fee Assistance
- Provides financial assistance for students who meet the eligibility criteria towards the costs of fees and/or textbooks/equipment essential to the course and available through CITSA Bookshops.
- To apply, students must submit an online application form and supporting documents each time they would like support towards an eligible course cost.
* If eligible, CIT fee concessions are available in addition to Fee Assistance.
A 50% concession applies to students who are in receipt of:
- Age Pension
- Carer Payment
- Disability Support Pension
- Newstart Allowance
- Parenting Payment (Single)
- Parenting Payment (Partnered)
- Widow Allowance
- Youth Allowance
- Veteran's Affairs Pension
- Veteran's Affairs Children's Education Scheme Allowance (VACESA). Recipient must provide the notification from VACESA advising of the successful application of the Long Tan Bursary
- Dependents of a person receiving an eligible Centrelink benefit.
You will need to provide evidence of eligibility for Concession. You will need to provide at least one of the following:
- Recent Income Statement - Centrelink form. These statements are available on request from Centrelink and must show your name, address, type of benefit and date benefit commenced.
- Current Letter of Confirmation - Centrelink form. This is the letter sent to advise recipients of their Centrelink entitlements and payment arrangements. It must show your name, address, type of benefit, and date benefit commenced. CIT Student Services will check that the fees due date is covered.
- Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) or Health Care Card
- Complete a Centrelink Client Consent Form (PDF File 563.3 KB)
Apprentice Fee Concessions
Australian Apprentices are eligible for a concession (50% reduction) on their CIT tuition fees if they hold a Health Care Card (HCC), Pension Concession Card (PCC), Low Income Health Care Card or Veteran's Gold Card. If the apprentice is under 18 years of age this rule will apply if the apprentice's parent/guardian holds one of above cards. These cards should be shown at any CIT Student Services to have the concession applied to the apprentices student account before all outstanding fees have been paid. Australian Apprentices who don't have a current Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card, may still be eligible for a concession, by providing evidence (in the form of payslips) demonstrating they are a low income earner, or apply for financial hardship circumstances. Please enquire at any CIT Student Services Shopfront.
Concessions do not apply to:
- CIT Commercial courses
- Higher Education fees (Degrees and Associate Degrees)
- CIT Card replacement fee
- CIT Solutions courses
- Material/Resource fees
- Excursion fees
- Administration fees
- Printing and photocopying charges
- The sponsor of a student
- Graduation robe hire fee
- Replacement award fee
- International students.
Sponsored students including those from:
- government agencies
- public and private employers
- funded employment agencies.
Fees will vary according to course and study load.
Note: Study hours may include theory and practical classes; industry practicums, self-paced or self-directed learning, private study, project and research work - on or off campus.
Contact CIT Student Services for more information:
- (02) 6207 3188
- Visit CIT Student Services on campus
- CIT Student Support (02) 6207 3290
- CIT Yurauna Centre (02) 6207 3309