What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that can be placed on your device when you interact with online content (such as websites) that allows us to recognise and remember your browser. When you visit our site, cookies gather and store some information about the way you use our website.
The information we collect from cookies allows us to provide you with a better experience because our website stores your preferences as you browse. Some types of cookies also perform essential functions to enhance how our website works.
- enable the essential site features and value-added support services on our website
- improve the performance and usability of our website
- personalise content and ads
- provide social media features
- analyse site behaviour and website traffic and sometimes cross-reference it back to a call or chat that you make to us
- build an aggregated profile of the visitors on our website
- advertise our promotions, value-added products and services to our customers.
We also share information about your use of our website with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them, or that they’ve collected from your use of their services.
How to manage or disable cookies in your browser?
You can control the extent to which your device allows cookies to be set on it, by changing your cookie settings in your browser. If you disable all cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections or features of our website may not work.
Further information on how to manage or disable cookies in your browser are set out below:
- Click here for Google Chrome
- Click here for Internet Explorer
- Click here for Firefox
- Click here for Safari
Facebook conversion tracking pixel
CIT may from time to time use Facebook Advertising, Facebook Pixel Re-Marketing, and communications. This tool allows CIT to deliver ads which are more relevant to you. The collected data remains anonymous and CIT cannot see the personal data of any individual user.
Google will not collect personal information about you and the reports provided by Google to us will only contain aggregate non personal data about your use of this website. (These reports may contain data relating to pages viewed, files downloaded or the completion of online subscriptions). We will use the data collected by Google Analytics to improve the functionality of this website.