CIT issues digital academic documents to students and graduates on My eQuals. My eQuals is a secure and trusted provider of certified digital documents.
From 2020, CIT students and graduates have been issued with digital academic documents through the My eQuals portal. Academic documents prior to 2020 and after semester 2 of 1998 can be made available on My eQuals by completing the Request for CIT Academic Documents online form
What is My eQuals?
My eQuals is a secure and trusted provider of certified digital documents. We have joined 47 other tertiary education providers across Australia and New Zealand, including all the major universities, who have adopted this technology. In Canberra, the ANU, University of Canberra, Australian Catholic University, and UNSW are using My eQuals.
My eQuals gives students, graduates, employers and third parties access to trusted certified academic documents.
Accessing My eQuals
When an academic document is generated for you an email notification will be sent to you. This email will include a link to register for an account if you are a first-time user or a link to your My eQuals account if you have previously registered.
Registering for a My eQuals account
- If using My eQuals for the first time you will need to register using the Registration link in the email sent to you. You will then receive another email, sent to the email address you provided, asking you to verify your email address by clicking on the link to activate your account.
- Go to your email and activate your account – you will only have to do this once
- You will then be taken directly to your documents in My eQuals
Linking emails and social media accounts in My eQuals
When logged in you can use the 'Profile's Link' settings to link additional email and social media accounts to your My eQuals profile.
Email notifications will be sent to your 'primary' email only.
My eQuals provides you with:
- immediate access to your official academic documents 24/7 from anywhere in the world. NOTE: digital documents are not supplied as email attachments, they are made available through My eQuals.
- secure credentials, ensuring the authenticity of your qualifications.
- secure academic document sharing with third parties, such as employers, registering bodies and other institutions.
Who can access My eQuals?
- Your digital award and academic transcript is issued to you automatically on course completion.
- You can request a digital transcript if you need one at any other time. Visit CIT Academic Transcripts and Course Completion Documents
Past students (back to 1998)
If your documents were originally issued to you from 1998 onwards, you can request digital versions of your academic documents (Request for CIT Academic Documents online form).
How to access the My eQuals system?
You will receive an email notification to your email address listed in Banner when your digital document is available for you. This email will provide you with a link to register your My eQuals account (or login if you already have an account).
You will then receive a follow up email to activate your My eQuals account. Once you have activated your account, you will gain access to your documents and be able to view or share them as you wish.
How secure are the digital documents?
My eQuals protect your credentials, guaranteeing the integrity and authenticity of your digital documents. Digital documents issued via My eQuals are tamper-proof and legally valid.
All digital documents contain digital signatures that meet the legal standards set by the European Union for authentic electronic documents and the legal requirements of certified digital documents in countries around the world.
Why provide certified documents online?
A single digital copy of a document stored on a secure server avoids the need for multiple original or certified copies, saving time, inconvenience, paper and money. Education and employment application processes are increasingly moving into the digital realm.
Using My eQuals, you will be able to provide a hyperlink (URL) with any electronic application rather than attaching scanned documents or sending originals. The benefits are great when submitting multiple applications or overseas applications.
You can also print a hardcopy of your electronic documents. Printed versions provide instructions on how to verify the document's authenticity electronically, avoiding the need to send an original or certified paper copy.
Are hard copy documents still available?
Hard copy academic documents will still be available on request. If you want a hard copy document, complete the Request for CIT Academic Documents online form. For more information, go to: Information about CIT Academic Transcripts and Course Completion Documents.