Be a part of a growing healthcare industry and provide essential services for your community. Gaining a strong knowledge of anatomy and physiology, disease and health; you will work directly with patients and health service clients to provide care and treatments, empowering people with the knowledge to make healthier life choices.
A qualification at CIT will put you on track for a rewarding career as an enrolled nurse.
With a simulated hospital environment on campus and industry placements, you will graduate with the knowledge and experience to work across a range of settings, playing an invaluable role in any health care team.
Diploma of Nursing Information
Applications for February 2018 are closed and classes are now full.
Applications for April 2018 (Term 2) open.
- Apply online
- Sit the online literacy and numeracy assessment – a link will be emailed through to you after you apply with instructions on how to complete this or provide evidence of Year 12 Certificate as below
- Pre-entry meeting invitations will be sent on successful completion of the literacy and numeracy assessment– invitations to pre-entry meetings are sent in order of application
- At the pre-entry meeting you will receive information on the Diploma of Nursing and you will complete a written task
- Your entry requirement documents will be considered prior to place offers being made
- Enrol into the Diploma of Nursing.
Additional Information regarding the Entry Requirements:
Evidence of the required level of Literacy and Numeracy
Students are required to provide evidence of having sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to successfully undertake the program's academic and workplace experience requirements, prior to commencing the program. This can be demonstrated by providing evidence of:
completing Year 12 English and Maths (within the last 10 years at an accredited or tertiary level), with at least a 'C' grade average.
Successful completion of the CIT Literacy and Numeracy assessment (ACSF Level 3 - 4).
An ACSF level 3- 4 is required in the literacy and numeracy assessment.
Applicants with unsuccessful assessment results will be advised of recommended support classes available.
Literacy and numeracy support classes:
Please contact Jeremy on 6207 4872 to discuss literacy and numeracy support classes.
Numeracy and literacy support classes have fees attached.
Clinical Placement Requirements - these are required to complete your enrolment:
Applicants are required to provide certified copies of the below when invited to attend a pre-entry meeting
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Police Check from the Australian Federal Police - must be a "Code 13" Disabled Care provider/worker or Hospital Employment www.afp.gov.au
- Letter of fitness to work as a nurse from your General Practitioner - please use GP letter template below
- Immunisation records, including recent evidence of immunity to or proof of vaccination for: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), hepatitis B with titre, diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (immunisation within last 10 years).
- Tuberculosis (TB) screening from the Department of Thoracic Medicine, Level 2 of Building 1 at The Canberra Hospital, Yamba Drive, Garran ACT.
- Current Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Please note that a positive police check may prevent Industry Placement and therefore affect your progress in the course. Please discuss this with the Diploma of Nursing Coordinator.
- Students must be 18 years of age at commencement of the Diploma of Nursing program.
Immunisation information should be compiled in a NSW Health Student Vaccination Card
Registration standards for Enrolled Nurses: English language skills
From 1 July 2015, the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia requires all applicants for initial registration to demonstrate English language skills to be suitable for registration.
All applicants are strongly encouraged to access and read the information about the registrations requirements at www.ahpra.gov.au.
AA | ASBA - these courses are available as apprenticeships, traineeships or Australian School-Based Apprenticeships (ASBAs). See above for availability, or contact CIT Student Services on (02) 6207 3188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delivery - FT = Full-time, PT = Part-time, ON = Online, FL = Flexible.