Course Closure Policy - VET
To ensure that the closure of CIT courses is conducted in accordance with industry needs and the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 including the Standards for Registered Training Organisation (RTOs) 2015 and the Standards for VET Accredited Courses 2012, and the ACT Quality Framework.
The closure of all accredited and non-accredited courses.
3.1 All course closures must:
- follow the accepted processes as endorsed by the CIT Academic Council
- be consistent with CIT’s strategic directions, education and training profile, and education philosophy and aims.
- follow the accepted processes for consultation with external stakeholders such as Skills Canberra, licensing bodies and industry partners or third party deliverers.
3.2 Any recommendations to close an accredited course must follow the process as approved by the CIT Academic Council. Non-accredited courses can be closed at the discretion of the College Director.
3.3 If an accredited course is identified to be closed without replacement, the College must:
- immediately arrange to turn the course off for new enrolments
- investigate any possible effects that the change may have on students currently enrolled in the course
- ensure staff consultation occurs in line with the requirements of the relevant Enterprise Agreement
- consider the needs of industry requirements, alternative providers, community needs and CIT resources
- consult with the International Student Unit regarding requirements of offers made to international students
- advise all affected students and relevant stakeholders as soon as possible (for example, the employers of Australian Apprentice students and assist them to complete the course within a designated period and/or be advised of options to transfer to an alternative course (either within CIT or another institute).
- Australian Qualifications Framework
- National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011
- Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- ASQA User Guide for the Standards for RTOs 2015
- Standards for VET Accredited Courses 2021
- Users' guide to the Standards for VET Accredited Courses
- National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2007
- ACT Quality Framework
All terminology used in this policy is consistent with definitions in the CIT Definitions of Terms.
6. Policy Contact Officer
For more information about this policy contact Director, Education Services.
Contact CIT Student Services on (02) 6207 3188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy is implemented through the CIT Academic Council.
Policy No: 2021/1432
Approved: November 2021
Next Review: September 2023
Category: Training Policies
Policy Owner: Executive Director, Education and Training Services
CIT Definition of Terms
Client Service Charter
Student Code of Conduct
|POLICIES LAST UPDATED|
2022-06-01: Corporate Credit Card Policy
2022-11-17: Student Loan Assistance (Re-crediting Fees and Review of Decisions) Policy
2022-07-14: Home Garaging CIT Vehicles Policy
2022-07-05: Travel Policy
2022-06-30: Records Management Policy