Jobs at CIT
The Canberra Institute of Technology is a multi-discipline, multi campus educational facility catering for the vocational, educational and training needs of the ACT and surrounding regions.
The CIT has a workforce of approximately 1000 staff working in a variety of different employment categories such as:
- Teaching - from casual teaching to running a centre
- Administrative - from assisting students to managing a business unit
- Professional - including Librarians or student counsellors
- General staff - including chefs, estate staff, kitchen staff
- Technical - assisting teachers in such areas as forensic science or horticulture
Staff Vacancies - Permanent and Temporary
- All CIT staff vacancies can be viewed on the ACT Government Jobs website
Casual Teacher Register
Applications are invited from experienced, energetic people to register for casual, part-time and short term temporary teaching employment at CIT. Successful applicants will be placed on registers and may be offered employment as vacancies occur.
The Casual Teacher Register expires in December each year. To remain on the register you are required to re-apply.
Application Form: Casual Teaching Application Form
Contact for further information: CIT Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications must include a current resume/CV
For further information regarding the disciplines in each Centre please click the following link: http://cit.edu.au/courses
Temporary Employment Register
Applications are invited from people who are interested in temporary employment as Administrative Service Officers, Professional Officers, Technical Officers or General Service Officers. The Temporary Employment Register is used to fill short term vacancies of up to three months.
The Temporary Employment Register expires in December each year. To remain on the register you are required to re-apply.
Application Form: Temporary Register Form (105Kb)
Contact for further information: CIT Human Resources CITRecruitment@cit.edu.au
Completed applications must include a current resume/CV and be sent to:
Email: CITRecruitment@cit.edu.au (Preferred Method)
Postal Address: CIT Human Resources, Canberra Institute of Technology, GPO Box 826, Canberra ACT, 2601
Fax: (02) 6207 3398
Pay Information and Salary Rates
CIT Enterprise Agreements
- CIT Teachers Enterprise Agreement 2011-2013 (1.4Mb)
- CIT General Staff Enterprise Agreement 2011-2013 (3.5Mb)
For careers advice for CIT students and graduates, please visit CIT Student Services