CIT aims to provide an environment where students can study without discrimination.
CIT is committed to providing support to students who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, or queer.
What kind of support is available?
CIT has an LGBTIQ+ Equity Officer, based in the Student Support team. The LGBTIQ+ Equity Officer works across CIT to address issues relating to:
- Harassment, bullying, or discrimination relating to a student's sexuality or gender identity
- Advice and advocacy for students
- Training and advice for staff
- Disseminating policy information
- Assisting students to locate the most appropriate support
- Liaising with the CIT Student Association and external organisations to support LGBTIQ+ students
- Promoting visibility across our campuses
How do I contact the LGBTIQ+ Equity Officer?
You can phone CIT Student Support on (02) 6207 3290 to make an appointment or leave a message for the LGBTIQ+ Equity Officer.
You can email CIT Student Support at CIT.Student.Support@cit.edu.au
The service is free and confidential.