Payment for Christmas Shutdown (Temporary Staff) Policy
To guide managers and staff to ensure correct payment is made to temporary teaching and general staff for the Christmas shutdown period.
This policy applies to all teachers and general staff employed on a temporary employment basis.
3.1 Staff employed on a temporary basis employed up to and including the last working day immediately prior to Christmas shutdown and who have been engaged for a further period of temporary employment, commencing or continuing, on the first available working day following Christmas shutdown will be paid for the entirety of the shutdown period.
3.2 Staff on temporary contract up to and including the last working day immediately prior to shutdown who have not been re-engaged and therefore will not be starting or continuing their employment on the first available working day following shutdown will receive the following payment:
- where the employment duration has been less than 6 months, payment will be made for one week of shutdown; or
- where the employment duration has been for 6 months or more, payment will be made for all of the shutdown period.
- ACT Public Sector Canberra Institute of Technology Enterprise Agreement 2013 - 2017
- ACT Public Sector Canberra Institute of Technology (Teaching Staff) Enterprise Agreement 2013-2017
- Public Sector Management ACT 1994
- Public Sector Management Standards
- CIT Human Resources Delegations Manual
- Payment for Christmas Shutdown Procedure for Temporary Staff
Agreement - The ACT Public Sector Canberra Institute of Technology Enterprise Agreement 2013-2017, or its successors; and the ACT Public Sector Canberra Institute of Technology (Teaching Staff) Enterprise Agreement 2013-2017, or its successors.
6. Policy Contact Officer
For more information about this policy contact Manager, CIT Safety and Employment Relations.
Contact CIT Student Services on (02) 6207 3188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policy No: 2017/455
Approved: January 2015
Next Review: December 2021
Category: Staff Policies, Corporate Policies
Policy Owner: Executive Director, Corporate Services
| Payment for Christmas Shutdown Temporary Staff Procedures|
(MS Word Document 80.8 KB)
CIT Definition of Terms
Client Service Charter
Student Code of Conduct
|POLICIES LAST UPDATED|
2021-07-08: Skills Recognition Policy
2021-07-08: Awards and Academic Advice Policy
2021-06-28: Intellectual Property Policy
2021-03-19: Study Assistance (CIT Staff) Policy
2021-03-16: Fees Policy