Vera Lloyd - Community Work
- Certificate IV and Diploma of Community Services Work;
- Certificate IV and Diploma of Youth Work;
- Master of Education (Tertiary Adult Education) - University of Southern Queensland;
- Bachelor of Social Work - Monash University;
- Diploma of Community Services - Welfare - Canberra Institute of Technology;
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment - Canberra Institute of Technology;
I have provided training services to many government and non-government organisations, such as ACT and Victoria Policing, Child Protection Services (Family Services) and Juvenile and Adult Corrections.
I have co-ordinated and supervised field placements, written and published subject learning guides and academic convention manuals, provided educational planning, delivery and evaluation services to work based agencies, delivered and supervised research projects and supervised clients via flexible learning principles and traditional classroom/workshop presentations.
In addition to teaching at CIT I am also a sessional lecturer in the faculty of social work at the Australian Catholic University.
Customised training for industry
I have coordinated and delivered training from Certificate to Advanced Diploma and post graduate Degree levels of learning for both the Government and non-Government sector and am a qualified workplace assessor.
I also run a variety of personal and professional development programs for the youth, adolescent and community support sector, CIT staff and clients and university post graduate students. These include workshops, short courses and general information sessions where each program is tailored to the needs of the client, with consideration to curriculum requirements, institutional policy and statutory requirements.
How I've improved training for students and industry
I helped develop a significant pathway allowing CIT students to gain credits and admission from the Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Social Work programs to the third year of the Australian Catholic University’s Bachelor of Social Work. I have been on the 'trail' of this advent from its onset and currently coordinate and prepare students for the university experience whilst promoting social work as a profession.
- Social Work Educator of the Year 2008 - Australian Association for Social Work and Welfare Education (AASWWE);
- CIT Teacher of the Year 2006 and 2008;
- AST (Advanced Skills Teacher) Award from CIT, 2006.
Professional and peak body memberships
- Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) - member;
- Australian Association of Social Work and Welfare Educators - Member, Board Committee member.