We are committed to the safety and security of our students and staff. This page provides safety updates relevant to CIT as well as information about unanticipated CIT closures.
CIT's social media channels, Facebook and Twitter, will also provide updates on any changes to our opening hours and operations.
For CIT students
Please keep your contact details, email address and mobile phone number up to date in CIT Self Service so that you can receive notifications and updates.
For CIT staff
Please keep your contact details, email address and mobile phone number up to date in CIT Self Service and/or HR21 so that you can receive notifications and updates.
All CIT locations are currently open during standard hours. Please see a list of our locations and opening hours.
Information on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Students and staff are encouraged to get the latest public information from the Commonwealth Government, the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) or on the ACT Health website.
For more information on identifying symptoms, what to do if you become unwell and how to prevent the spread of the virus download the Information Sheet for Students in University or CIT (PDF 202Kb)
Coronavirus information for CIT students and staff
The Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment announced it is extending mental health services to international students affected by the novel coronavirus.
A dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org and hotline - 1300 981 621 (8:00am to 8:00pm AEDST Monday to Friday) – has also been established to assist international students with questions or concerns relating to their study and novel coronavirus.
The CIT Student Support team can provide you with guidance, referrals and support to cope with different aspects of student life. For information or to make an appointment, contact CIT Student Support on (02) 6207 3290 or email CIT.Student.Support@cit.edu.au
For general enquiries about your study please contact CIT Student Services on (02) 6207 3188 or email email@example.com.
CIT students can access support through Lifeline Australia (13 11 14), Youth Beyond Blue (1300 224 636), eheadspace (1800 650 890) and Kids Helpline (1800 55 1800), for those under 25 years of age.
Personal security tips, emergency contacts and Work Health and Safety (WHS) guidelines and information is available:
- CIT Student Support
- Security, Safety and Emergencies
- Sexual Harassment and Assault
- CIT Staff Employee Assistance Programs
- Assure: 1800 808 374
- Converge: 1300 687 327
- People Sense: 1300 307 912
- Benestar: 1300 360 364
- 000 (triple zero) is the emergency number within Australia for immediate assistance from the police, ambulance service or fire brigade. To call this number from within CIT you need to dial 0 then 000.
- ACT Emergency Services Agency (ESA): Provides emergency management services to the Canberra community, including information on what you need to do in an emergency and support services available.
- ACT Fire Brigade: Manages fire emergencies across the ACT
- ACT Health: Provides health services and information on public health issues in the ACT