Get an overview of all the information you may need for your studies at CIT.
- Are you Study Ready?
- Some courses at CIT require you to have language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) at a particular level. To assist you to determine whether your LLN skills are at the required level for entry to a course, CIT may assess LLN as part of the pre enrolment process. Click here to find out more.
- Careers Advice
CIT offers a free career advice service to prospective and current students who are looking to gain more information about choosing the right career and course pathway. Click here to find out more information.
Skillsroad Careers Advice Resources:
- Careers Advice, Training and Study and Applying for Jobs
- Vocational Education and Training (VET)
- CIT offers a free career advice service to prospective and current students who are looking to gain more information about choosing the right career and course pathway. Click here to find out more information.
- CIT Courses
- CIT Student Experience
Click on the following links to read what some of our students have to say about their experiences at CIT:
- Beauty - Student Stories
- Carpentry - Student Stories
- CIT International - Student Stories
- Cyber - Student Stories
- English Language - Student Stories
- Fashion - Student Stories
- Floristry - Student Stories
- Hairdressing - Student Stories
- Music - Student Experience
- Nursing - Student Experience
- Tiling - Student Stories
- Visual Arts - Student Stories
- Year 12 - Student Stories
- Click on the following links to read what some of our students have to say about their experiences at CIT:
- Contact CIT
- Course Fees and Assistance with Payment Options
- Covid-19 Guidelines and Resources
- COVID-19 CIT Return to Campus Information (PPT 5.5Mb)
- CIT Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- ACT Government COVID-19 website
- CITSA and COVID-19
- How to Handwash (World Health Organisation) - JPG 297Kb
- How to Handrub (World Health Organisation) - JPG 244Kb
- Physical Distancing Guidelines (PDF 1.1Mb)
- - COVID-19 CIT Return to Campus Information (PPT 5.5Mb)
- Create an email account
- All CIT Students are required to have an active personal email address prior to enrolling at CIT. Click on this link to learn how to create an email account.
- Enrolment Process
Once you have selected your course, you ENROL to study at CIT. All enrolments are currently online (see courses). If you are unable to enrol online, please contact Student Services on (02) 6207 3188, email@example.com or through live chat on the CIT website to discuss your options.
- To enrol online, select your course, taking note of the 'enrolment type' .
- Most study periods are broken down into semesters and terms, some courses continue throughout the year. Click to see our current Term Dates.
Enrolling into your subjects
Once you have been accepted to study your chosen course, you must ENROL into your subjects. To enrol you will :
- Enrol online - to do this you will need the class reference numbers (CRNs). These are available on the course timetable or will be provided to you by the teaching department either via email or during an Information/Enrolment session.
- Note: Some courses allow you to enrol at any time - follow the directions on the course information page on the CIT website. Once you have enrolled into your course and subjects, you will be issued with a student invoice outlining your course fees and the date they are due for payment via email. NOTE : The enrolment process is not complete until your fees are paid. Where fees remain unpaid the enrolment is cancelled.
Other enrolment types:
- Commercial Programs - CIT Solutions
- General Enrolment
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- There are a bank of frequently asked questions, which are available on the CIT website to assist with answering any of your questions about study at CIT.
- Skills Recognition
- Skills Recognition is an acknowledgement of the skills you have gained from your work, previous training or life experiences. Your skills can be recognised through CIT to gain either part of or full qualifications. Click here to find out more.
- Student Support
- CIT Student Support staff can provide you with guidance, referral and support through free and confidential services such as Counselling, Disability Support, Migrant Support and Careers Advice. Click here to find out more.
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)
After enrolment information
CIT offers many support services and facilities for students which you will see listed below. Please keep up-to-date with student policies, rights and responsibilities and the CIT Code of Conduct.
- CITCards are used as student identity cards and are available on any campus through CIT Student Services.
- CIT International Office
- The CIT International Office is comprised of a team of staff committed to helping International students through every step of their study at CIT.
- CIT Library
- The CIT Library access to resources, services and research is available from any CIT campus.
- CIT Locations
- View all CIT locations with the assistance of Google Maps via this link.
- CIT Student Association (CITSA)
- Canberra Institute of Technology Student Association (CITSA) provides a range of services and support for CIT students, visit their website for more detail.
- CIT Yurauna - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Educational Centre of Excellence
- CIT Yurauna is a student support centre, providing tailored Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander courses, study support and cultural advice.
- eLearn is the online learning environment CIT uses which gives students a variety of online learning experiences.
- Ellucian Go app
Access your timetable, results and find CIT support services all on the app. To download on your IOS or Android device:
1. Search and download 'Ellucian GO' from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
2. Select 'Canberra Institute of Technology' from the school/university list within the app.
3. Use your CIT number (including CIT) and your Microsoft Password to log into the app.
- Access your timetable, results and find CIT support services all on the app. To download on your IOS or Android device:
- Microsoft Office 365
Your Microsoft 365 account will give you access to the Microsoft suite of products. Your log in details will also be the way you authenticate to CIT systems such as eLearn and the Ellucian Go app.
You will need to activate your account before your first class. For instructions and more information, see Microsoft Office 365 for students. For eLearn access, once you have activated your Microsoft Office 365 account log into eLearn using your CIT number as your user name and your Microsoft password to access all of your learning resources.
- Your Microsoft 365 account will give you access to the Microsoft suite of products. Your log in details will also be the way you authenticate to CIT systems such as eLearn and the Ellucian Go app.
- Visit Parking at CIT for information.
- Responsibilities in the Learning Environment
- Student Concerns
- Student Concerns is a process designed to support students who may be experiencing issues during their study.
- Student Information Guide
- A-Z information about studying at CIT.
- Student Services
- A one-stop shop to assist you with all the services you need.
- Technology Assistance and Resources
- For many types of technological assistance with your new study in the online environment, please see the Library's guide to Technology Assistance. This includes technology troubleshooting, and other resources.