Most CIT courses are partially subsidised by the ACT Government. Average general semester fees for full time study for courses in this category are:
- Certificate I-III: $470 - $1165 per semester
- Certificate IV-Diploma: $740 - $1110 per semester
- Advanced Diploma: $830 - $1425 per semester
- Australian Apprenticeships Stage 1 programs are $215 per semester.
- Australian Apprenticeships Stage 2 and 3 programs are $340 per semester.
- Associate Degree - Degree: Associate Degree, Degree and Graduate Diploma programs attract higher fees.
Note: Fees vary per program and costs are dependent on the electives are chosen. Semester fees for part-time study are lower and are a proportion of full-time fees depending on the study load. Third and subsequent attempts at a subject will be charged at higher rates.
Courses that are not subsidised by the ACT Government are classified as 'full fee paying or commercial'. Where there is no subsidy from the ACT Government, students are required to pay for the full cost of the course themselves.
International Students, and students on Temporary Domestic Student Visas, will also pay higher fees.
Actual course fees are best obtained from CIT Student Services via email. In some instances course fees may be found with the relevant course information e.g. Bachelor of Forensic Science (Crime Scene Examination) (999348ACT).
Student fee assistance is available in a variety of formats. Below is the list of different options for financial assistance at CIT:
- Fee Payment Plans
- Concessions and financial assistance
- VET Student Loans/VET FEE-HELP
You may be eligible for tax deductions for program fees and associated study expenses.
GST of 10% applies to some fees. Examples are the program materials fee where the item acquired becomes your property and is useable after the program completion. Basic tuition fees are GST free.
On enrolling, CIT students will receive their invoice and be required to independently manage its payment.
For a student who wishes to be sponsored by a company or employer, this could be through one of the following options:
- A student can pay their invoice and opt to be reimbursed by their employer for their fees; or
- Employers can pay the student’s invoice on behalf of the student.
Employers who take either option will still be able to claim a tax deduction and GST credits (if applicable). If you are an employer you may still be able to access the sponsorship service depending on how many students you intend to sponsor at CIT. If this is the case, you should contact CITApprenticeships@cit.edu.au to enquire about your eligibility.
Services and Amenities fee
The Services and Amenities Fee is fee that all students at CIT pay. This fee is to cover administration costs and access to student amenities whilst studying at CIT. It is set at a flat $40 per student, per semester. This fee is eligible for a 50% concession.
Please Note: The Services and Amenities fee is considered an upfront fee and cannot be included as a part FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP assistance.
Examples of additional fees are:
- Material Fees - Material fees are to cover the costs for materials used by or for students during the delivery of a subject. In many cases the full costs are effectively subsidised by CIT, so the material fee charged to the student may be lower than the true full cost of the materials used.
- It is important to note that not all costs covered by material fees may be directly visible to students - however, students should be aware that delivery of their subjects can require resources specific to that subject which are not covered by general student fees. Some examples of such items are the purchase and maintenance of dedicated equipment, software licenses, printing, subscription fees, information service access costs, specialist training material licences, guest lecturers and some excursions.
- AIE Technology Fee - the technology fee applied when studying via the Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE). In 2013 this is $460.
- Recognition Fee - the fee for applying for Recognition by Assessment.
- Excursion Fees - covering the costs of some excursions.
- Awards - re-issue of ($50).
- CITCard - replacement fee ($15).