Teaching Hours for Existing General Staff Policy
To define a mechanism by which general staff can be utilised to perform teaching hours.
This policy applies to all permanent and temporary CIT general staff.
3.1 Where a general staff member is to take up casual teaching duties they must have approval to work a second job (see Application for Approval of a Second Job (internal access only) from the Shared Services Customer Service Portal), have read a copy of the Institute Guidelines for Approval to Engage in Outside Employment (Second Job) and either:
- have an approved period of leave without pay for the period of casual teaching;
- have an approved period of flex time;
- reduce their normal hours of employment;
- teach outside of their normal working hours.
3.2 Once approval to work a second job is given it remains current for the remainder of the calendar year unless it is withdrawn earlier. The approval must be renewed each year.
- Public Sector Management Act 1994
- ACT Public Sector Canberra Institute of Technology Enterprise Agreement 2013 - 2017
- Institute Guidelines for Approval to Engage in Outside Employment (Second Job).
- CIT Human Resources Delegations Manual.
Enterprise Agreement - The ACT Public Sector Canberra Institute of Technology (Teaching Staff) Enterprise Agreement 2013-2017 or its successor.
Individual Teacher Allocation - Has the same meaning as the Enterprise Agreement (see clause 30).
The Qualifications & Skills Achievement Fund - Please refer Enterprise Agreement (see clause 31).
6. Policy Contact Officer
For more information about this policy contact Manager, CIT Safety and Employment Relations.
Contact CIT Student Services on (02) 6207 3188 or email email@example.com.
Policy No: 2016/2359
Approved: January 2015
Next Review: September 2023
Category: Staff Policies, Corporate Policies
Policy Owner: Executive Director, Corporate Services
Client Service Charter
Student Code of Conduct
|POLICIES LAST UPDATED|
2020-05-27: Assessment Policy
2020-03-10: Home Garaging of CIT Vehicle Policy
2020-02-28: Procurement Policy
2020-02-24: Higher Education Scholarly Activity Policy
2020-02-24: Intellectual Property Policy