Facilities and Equipment
CIT Music and Sound Production students work regularly on public events on-campus and at local Canberra music venues and theatres. Sound Production students develop their live sound skills using professional live production equipment including Digidesign Venue, MIDAS Legend and Sienna sound consoles.
Professional recording studios are located on the CIT Reid campus for music teaching and student use on projects including EP and album recordings.
Studio features include:
- Control rooms and studio floors with full acoustic treatments.
- Latest versions of ProTools HD
- Digidesign D-Command and Digidesign C24 control surfaces
- Genelec monitor speakers
- Focusrite and API microphone preamps
- Mac computer lab with individual work stations for classes and study, each with professional music software including Pro Tools, Ableton, Sibelius, Logic Pro, Auralia and Musition
- A large variety of synths and controllers from leading brands including Akai, Korg and Nord
- A large variety of microphones for studio and live sound, from leading brands including Shure, Rode, AKG, Neumann, Sennheiser, Beyer Dynamic and more
- Portable field recording and location sound kits
- Large selection of instruments including drum kits, pianos, keyboards, and guitar and bass amps.