CIT Fit & Well Fitness Centre
The team at CIT Fit & Well are proud to announce the staged reopening of the CIT Fit & Well Fitness Centre from Friday 26 June 2020!
We've made the following operational changes to comply with current COVID-19 restrictions:
- We ask members who are feeling unwell to stay home.
- The fitness centre and group health classes have a strict maximum of 16 participants per session. To facilitate this, members are required to pre-book into available sessions (booking details provided further below). Class participant numbers may increase as we progress through our stage return.
- We'll enforce strict entry and exit times between each session to allow enough time to clean the facility between sessions.
By accessing CIT Fit & Well you accept the following conditions of entry:
- You must pre book a fitness centre session or group health class. If we do not have your name on the list, we will not let you enter. This is to ensure we comply with the strict number of participants in the facility.
- Stay home if you're unwell.
- Enter and exit the facility through the designated points (further details below).
- Wash or sanitise your hands before entering CIT Fit & Well and when moving through different areas.
- Scan your membership card on arrival.
- Bring and use your own towel and water bottle every time you work out.
Bookings (Fitness Centre and Health Classes)
Members can contact CIT Fit & Well on (02) 6207 4309 on the following days to book into sessions:
Call Sunday - To book Monday and Tuesday sessions
Call Tuesday - To book Wednesday and Thursday sessions
Call Thursday - To book Friday, Saturday and Sunday sessions
Health class changes
We've re-designed class programming to limit member interaction and equipment sharing. We ask members to adhere to physical distancing guidelines by following the floor markings in the centre.
- If you can't attend your booked session, please contact CIT Fit & Well as soon as you can so we can contact members on the reserve list.
- We've capped group exercise classes to maintain appropriate physical distancing and safety.
- Class times are spaced 30 minutes apart to allow time for cleaning.
- Don't arrive more than 5 minutes before your booking, to ensure physical distancing.
- Please don't congregate around the entry when you arrive.
- Please be respectful to team members who are enforcing procedures.
- We understand that everyone's circumstances are different. If you don't feel comfortable returning to CIT Fit & Well at the moment, you can keep your membership suspended. Please tell the team if you want to do this.
- Wearing a mask is your choice but is not mandatory.
- Our strict 'no towel, no train' policy is still in place.
- Bring your own water bottle with water. The water fountains will not be in use on campus.
- Fitness Centre
- Enter through the glass sliding door in A block
- Exit through the glass sliding door in A block
- Sports Hall
- Enter through the glass sliding door in H block
- Exit through the indicated signed side exit door in the sports hall
- General Public Membership
12 month early year $418 12 month $462 6 month $330 3 month $192.50 1 month $80.30
- General Student Membership
Current Student ID required 12 month $285 6 month $180 3 month $110 1 month $45
- Trials and Casual Visit
Trail visit $10 Casual visit $15 Non CIT 10 visit pass $135 CIT Student or Staff 10 visit pass $130
- CIT Staff Membership
Current CIT Staff ID required 12 month early year $280 12 month $299 6 month $180 3 month $110 1 month $45
- CIT Student Membership
Current CIT Student ID required 12 month $250 6 month $175 3 month $110 1 month $45
- HEAL Program (off Peak 8-2pm) *conditions apply
Health, Exercise & Lifestyle Programs - Heart Health, Osteocise, Lungs in Action,Yoga, Functional Fitness, Functional Mobility and Community Programs. *Must participate in the HEAL classes (Heart Health, Osteocise and Lungs in Action) to obtain HEAL membership and access to the Fitness Centre between 8:00am-2:00pm 12 month early year $280.50 12 month $313.50 6 month $176 3 month $104.50 1 month $38.50 Casual $6 10 visit pass $50
- Special Population Annual *conditions apply
*Disability Support Pension card and medical clearance required 12 month $250
- CIT Fit & Well Student Massage Clinic
60 minute general public massage $40 CIT Student $30 CIT Staff $35 60 minute general student massage 35
- ACT Public Service Corporate
Please refer to the ACT Government Shared Services website, or contact CIT Fit & Well for pricing.
- Early Year General Public and HEAL Special - Membership available until 31st January 2020)
- Student Personal training $45 (conditions apply) Must hold a 3, 6 or 12month CIT Fit & Well membership, no medical conditions.
- Fitness Assessment and Program $65
- Membership Form (PDF 255Kb)
- Child/Adolescent Medical Information Form (PDF 329Kb)
- Adult Pre-Exercise Screening Questionnaire (PDF 152Kb)
If you have been in contact with a suspected COVID-19 case or you are feeling unwell, we expect you to stay home and to notify CIT Fit & Well of your cancellation.
Please be reminded that medical clearances are valid for 12 months. If you require an updated clearance, this may also be a good time to discuss with your medical practitioner any personal COVID 19 requirements.
Fitness Centre and Sports Hall entry and exit
On arrival, please avoid congregating around the entry.
Scanning into sessions
Always swipe your membership card upon entry. This will mean we have accurate attendance records and can trace member visits.
Shower, lockers and water fountains will be unavailable. Members should arrive with only the essentials including a towel and water bottle. Please leave your valuables at home or on your person. Bags are not permitted on the fitness centre floor.
Please follow directions of the various signs on the CIT campus and in CIT Fit & Well. Signs will indicate flow of traffic, maintaining physical distancing and which equipment is available to use.
To maintain high level of infection control at CIT, extra cleaning is being completed on campuses. Both professional cleaners and CIT Fit & Well instructors will be cleaning in the centre and following the health classes.
We expect members to always use a towel on equipment and wipe down equipment with the supplied medical grade disinfectant wipes. We've also placed hygiene stations around the centre in high-touch areas. We recommend you don't share equipment unless you disinfect it between each use.
We've repositioned equipment and decommissioned certain cardio to help members and staff maintain the 1.5 metre physical distancing rule.
Please note, changes may occur outside CIT control to ensure the health and safety of individuals on campus. If you are unsure about any changes, please ask one of the team at CIT Fit & Well for help.
The CIT Fit and Well team is excited to welcome you all back and appreciate your understanding during this challenging time.
Graduate with multiple qualifications in the same time!
Interested in a career in fitness or massage but can't design which path to take?
With CIT you can get both a fitness and massage therapy qualification in the same amount of time. Give yourself the edge with real professional experience, training in CIT's commercial gym and student massage clinic.
CIT Fit & Well is open to the public - anyone can join! You don't need to be a CIT student or staff member to take advantage of this great fitness centre.
With loads of modern fitness equipment, a brand new functional training area as well as group exercise classes and personal training, there is something to suit everyone.
CIT Fit & Well is an authentic learning environment for fitness, sport and health students.
Joining is easy! Download our Membership Form (PDF 472Kb) and Pre-Screening Form (PDF 533Kb), fill in your details and email the completed forms to FitandWell@cit.edu.au, or call (02) 6207 4309 to discuss your membership options with our friendly staff!
Corporate groups are welcome to join with concessions applying for groups of 15 or more.
*Must be over 18 years of age unless accompanied be a guardian.
CIT Fit & Well - A Block, CIT Bruce (PDF 157Kb)
Phone: (02) 6207 4309