CIT Fit & Well Fitness Centre
The CIT Fit & Well Fitness Centre is an authentic learning environment for health and fitness students.
The fitness centre is also a modern gym open to the public, which offers a large range of exercise machines and equipment set in our spacious naturally lit gym and exercise studio.
The centre is a friendly, safe, and supportive environment. As a member, you'll have access to:
- personal trainers*
- group fitness classes
- pin loaded machines and free weights
- functional training and power training area
- cardio equipment fitness assessments and programs
- free parking, and
- highly qualified staff.
*Please enquire for the cost of personal training sessions.
Take a look at our membership options below!
Operational changes - COVID-19
- - We have a strict maximum of participants per session, 25 for the fitness centre and 20 for group health classes. To facilitate this, you need to pre-book available sessions (booking details are further below). Class participant numbers may increase as we progress through our staged return.
- - We enforce strict entry and exit times between each session to allow enough time to clean the facility between sessions.
- - Check in on CIT campuses is now compulsory. All staff, students and visitors are required to check in via the Check In CBR app each time they enter a CIT building. Be sure to download the app before visiting us from covid19.act.gov.au/check-in-cbr.
Fit & Well - Conditions of Entry
- - You must pre book a fitness centre session or group health class. This is to ensure we comply with the strict number of participants in the facility.
- - Stay home if you're unwell.
- - Enter and exit the facility through the designated points.
- - Wash or sanitise your hands before entering CIT Fit & Well and when moving through different areas.
- - Scan your membership card on arrival.
- - Bring and use your own towel and water bottle every time you work out.
COVID-19 vaccination notice
- If you have recently had a COVID-19 vaccination in the last 72 hours please let reception so we can provide the best care for you. If you feel unwell, please re-schedule at no additional charge.
Bookings (Fitness Centre and Health Classes)
As of 3 January, all face-to-face classes have stopped until further notice. Until then prospective members can call Fit & Well to discuss the service.
Health and Safety
Fitness class changes
We've re-designed class programming to limit member interaction and equipment sharing. Please adhere to physical distancing guidelines by following the floor markings in the centre.
- - If you can't attend your booked session, please contact us as soon as you can so we can contact members on the reserve list.
- - We've capped group exercise classes to maintain appropriate physical distancing and safety.
- - Class times are spaced to allow time for cleaning.
- - Please don't congregate around the entry when you arrive or leave the centre.
If you have been in contact with a suspected COVID-19 case or you are feeling unwell, we expect you to stay home and to notify us of your cancellation.
- - Please be respectful to team members who are enforcing procedures.
- - We understand that everyone's circumstances are different. If you don't feel comfortable returning to CIT Fit & Well, you can keep your membership suspended. Please tell the team if you want to do this.
- - Wearing a mask is your choice but is not mandatory.
- - Our strict 'no towel, no train' policy is still in place.
- - Bring your own water bottle with water. The water fountains are not in use on campus.
Please remember medical clearances are valid for 12 months. If you require an updated clearance, this may also be a good time to discuss any personal COVID-19 requirements with your medical practitioner.
CIT Fit & Well - entry and exit
Always swipe your membership card upon entry. This will mean we have accurate attendance records and can trace member visits.
On arrival, please avoid congregating around the entry.
- Fitness Centre
- Enter through the glass sliding door in A block
- Exit through the glass sliding door in A block
- Sports Hall
- Enter through the glass sliding door in H block
- Exit through the indicated signed side exit door in the sports hall
- Fitness Centre
Please follow directions of the various signs at CIT and in CIT Fit & Well. Signs will indicate flow of traffic, maintaining physical distancing and which equipment is available to use.
To maintain a high level of infection control at CIT, extra cleaning is being completed across all CIT locations. Both professional cleaners and our instructors are cleaning the centre.
We've also placed hygiene stations around the centre in high-touch areas.
Always use a towel on equipment and wipe down equipment with the supplied medical grade disinfectant wipes. We recommend you don't share equipment unless you disinfect it between each use.
We've repositioned equipment and decommissioned selected cardio equipment to help maintain the 1.5 metre physical distancing rule.
Please note, changes may occur outside of CIT’s control to ensure the health and safety of individuals on campus. If you are unsure about any changes, please ask one of the team at CIT Fit & Well for help.
Joining is easy! Download our Membership Form (PDF 472Kb) and Pre-Screening Form (PDF 533Kb), fill in your details and email the completed forms to FitandWell@cit.edu.au, or call (02) 6207 4309 to discuss your membership options with our friendly staff!
Corporate groups are welcome to join with concessions applying for groups of 15 or more.
- General Public Membership
12 month early year $440 12 month $490 6 month $350 3 month $200 1 month $90
- General Student Membership
Current Student ID required 12 month $300 6 month $190 3 month $120 1 month $47.50
- Trials and Casual Visit
Trial visit $12.50 Casual visit $16.50
- CIT Staff Membership
Current CIT Staff ID required 12 month early year $300 12 month $320 6 month $190 3 month $120 1 month $47.50
- CIT Student Membership
Current CIT Student ID required 12 month early year $230 12 month $270 6 month $190 3 month $120 1 month $47.50
- HEAL Program (off Peak 8-2pm) *conditions apply
Health, Exercise & Lifestyle Programs - Heart Health, Osteocise, Lungs in Action,Yoga, Functional Fitness, Functional Mobility and Community Programs. *Must participate in the HEAL classes (Heart Health, Osteocise and Lungs in Action) to obtain HEAL membership and access to the Fitness Centre between 8:00am-2:00pm 12 month early year $300 12 month $330 6 month $190 3 month $120 1 month $47.50 Casual $7.50 10 visit pass $60
- Special Population Annual *conditions apply
*Disability Support Pension card and medical clearance required 12 month $270 6 month $160 3 month $90 1 month $40
- CIT Fit & Well Student Massage Clinic
Remedial Massage $40 per 1 hour assessment and massage treatment (EFTPOS/card payments only, NO cash) CIT Student Current CIT students - $30 per 1 hour assessment and massage treatment (EFTPOS/card payments only, NO cash)
- ACT Public Service Corporate
Please refer to the ACT Government Shared Services website, or contact CIT Fit & Well for pricing.
*Must be over 18 years of age unless accompanied be a guardian.
- Early Year General Public, HEAL, CIT Student and Staff Special - Membership available until 31 January 2022)
- Student Personal training $40 (conditions apply) Must hold a 3, 6 or 12month CIT Fit & Well membership, no medical conditions.
- Fitness Assessment and Program $65
- Membership Form (PDF 255Kb)
- Child/Adolescent Medical Information Form (PDF 329Kb)
- Adult Pre-Exercise Screening Questionnaire (PDF 152Kb)
CIT Fit & Well - A Block, CIT Bruce (PDF 920Kb)
Phone: (02) 6207 4309