Fee-free TAFE opportunities now available
Published: 26 May 2023
There are now more study opportunities to access Fee-free TAFE at CIT with the ACT and Australian Governments expanding eligibility for fee-free courses and making more places available.
The number of courses offered has increased significantly, with 24 new courses now available across various fields of study and great career opportunities; including training in Nursing, Accounting, Project Management, English language, IT and much more!
Enrolments are now open and Canberrans are strongly encouraged to take advantage of this free training.
A range of free short courses will now be available to any Canberran over 17 who has left school. This will help existing workers refresh their knowledge in their current industry or to skill up to get a job in another industry.
More than 11,000 veterans who live in Canberra, including current and former members of the ADF, are now also eligible for any course through the Fee-Free TAFE program, recognising their prior learning and skills to allow them to study basic or advanced courses through CIT.
CIT has just reached the milestone of 1,000 Fee-Free TAFE enrolments so there are around 1,500 additional places still on offer.
Minister for Skills Minister for Skills Chris Steel said: 'These expansions will be beneficial for many Canberrans wanting to grow their skills to gain employment and for the city’s economy in the longer term.'.
The following are now included in the list of available Fee-Free courses:
- Diploma of Accounting FNS50222
- Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) CPC50220
- Diploma of Graphic Design CUA50720
- Diploma of Information Technology ICT50220
- Diploma of Project Management BSB50820
- Diploma of Screen and Media CUA51020
- Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management SIT50116
- Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping FNS40217
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction CPC40120
- Certificate IV in Cyber Security 22603VIC
- Certificate IV in Information Technology ICT40120
- Certificate IV in Leadership and Management BSB40520
- Certificate IV in Music CUA40920
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40116
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety BSB41419
- Certificate III in Business BSB30120
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery SIT30821
- Certificate III in Fitness SIS30321
- Certificate III in Hospitality SIT30622
- Certificate III in Information Technology ICT30120
- Certificate II in Animal Studies ACM20121
- Certificate II in General Education for Adults 22473VIC
- Certificate II in Spoken and Written English 10728NAT
- Certificate I in Spoken and Written English 10727NAT
Fee-free TAFE is a jointly funded initiative between the Commonwealth and ACT Government, injecting over $16.5 million into the ACT skills and training sector. The program aims to address skills shortages by supporting people locally to obtain the skills they need to fill job vacancies.
For more details and to enrol go to: Fee-free TAFE : Canberra Institute of Technology (cit.edu.au)