Parking at CIT
CIT Bruce and CIT Fyshwick - Free parking is available for students.
CIT Gungahlin - Free parking is available in the Gungahlin College precinct.
CIT Reid - The carpark at CIT Reid is pay parking and belongs to the ACT Government.
CIT Tuggeranong - Students with parking vouchers can park in front of Lake Tuggeranong College. Note, this is a shared carpark with Lake Tuggeranong College students.
Information about pre-paid longstay parking tickets is available at the Territory and Municipal Services website.
If you are a full-time student on a low income (proof required by showing a Centrelink/Health Care/Pension Card or an AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY allowance statement), you can apply for a student parking voucher for use for one semester in the ACT Government pay carparks adjacent to CIT Reid and the Tuggeranong Library. Student parking vouchers cost $41.00 and represent significant savings on parking costs for students studying full time.
Apply for student parking voucher
Step 1 - To apply, please complete an Application for ACT Government Concessional Parking Ticket at CIT Reid and CIT Tuggeranong, available online via Access Canberra or from CIT Student Services (Building A, Ground Floor, CIT Reid).
Step 2 - Bring your application to CIT Student Services at CIT Reid along with:
- proof of your Centrelink concession;
- your current ACT or Interstate Driver Licence; and
- means of payment (CIT Self Service, Credit/Debit Card Accepted)
Step 3 - Once approved and payment received, you will receive a CIT student parking voucher, valid for the current semester.
CIT Reid student carpark
1. Part-time students with a concessional card who study during the day at CIT Reid will be provided access to the CIT Reid student carpark. (A Centrelink low income healthcare card will be accepted);
2. Students studying full-time in a full-fee paying course at CIT Reid (full-fee courses are courses previously listed as Commercial Courses); and
3. Students assessed by CITSA as being in hardship. Contact CIT Student Association (CITSA) on (02) 6207 3600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Before you apply, please ensure that you have finalised your enrolment and
- paid your fees in full; or
- entered into a payment plan and paid the first instalment; or
- applied for fee assistance and made an initial payment for the current semester; or
- lodged your eCAF application if you are accessing a VET Student Loan to cover the payment of your course.
Eligible students will be required to pay a fee of $41.00 per semester prior to having their CITCard validated for access to the carpark. Parking payments and card access for these eligible students will be managed through CIT Student Services.
NOTE: There is a limit to the number of parking spaces available and access will be issued on a first come - first served basis.
1. Full-time students who hold a concession card may also be eligible for concessional parking for a fee $41.00 per semester by applying to Access Canberra or CIT Student Services for carparking directly across the road from CIT Reid on Constitution Avenue.
2. Students needing assistance in applying for either a Low Income Healthcare Card or Centrelink Concession Card can contact CITSA on (02) 6207 3600 or email email@example.com. Students who are not on a current Centrelink Concession may still be able to apply for a Low Income Healthcare Card as the income threshold does not include assets.
3. Other students seeking parking around CIT Reid should visit Access Canberra for options.
For more information, including eligibility, visit this website Centrelink Low Income Healthcare Card.
If you wish to apply or access to the CIT Reid student carpark you will need to complete the online Student Carpark Access Form.
For evening students at CIT Reid the boom gates on both the CIT staff and student carparks are raised at 4pm each afternoon for evening students to park.
The below indicates where holders of the Australian Disability Parking Permit also known as a Mobility Parking Permit can park at CIT where applicable:
The main carpark is grouped into parking bays which are signposted, always check these when parking:
* Bay 1 - three spaces
* Bay 2 - three spaces
* Bay 7 - six spaces
Additional spaces are available outside the following buildings:
* Building B (Purdie Street) - two spaces
* Building D/K (Eastaugh Place) - four spaces
* Building H (Jack Fleming Place) - two spaces behind building
* Building Ra (Vowels Crescent) - one space
* Building Rb (Vowels Crescent) - two spaces
* Building E (Constitution Avenue) - five spaces outside the Library
* Building K (Constitution Avenue) - one space and two spaces outside the eastern side of the building
* Student carpark
* Building A - two spaces
* Building C - two spaces
* Building E (outside CIT Student Services) – two spaces
Spaces available on Anketell Street and off Reed Street North behind CIT Tuggeranong building.
Spaces available outside Gungahlin College on Hibberson Street and carpark off Gozzard Street.
Permit holders can also park free of charge in ticket parking areas, ACT Government operated carparks and on-street parking spaces that are free, but time restricted:
* for up to two hours, if the time limit on the parking sign is 30 minutes or less; and,
* for an unlimited time, if the time limit on the parking sign is more than 30 minutes.
Some privately operated carparks may charge parking fees.
If you would like to arrange a mobility tour (parking, lift/staircase or toilet access) contact CIT Student Support on (02) 6207 3290 or email CIT.Student.Support@cit.edu.au and an Education Advisor from the Disability Support team will meet with you.