Parking at CIT
Bruce, Woden and Fyshwick Campuses - Free parking is available for students at the Bruce, Woden and Fyshwick campuses.
Gungahlin (Library) - Free car parking is available in the Gungahlin College precinct.
Reid Campus and Tuggeranong (Library) - The car parks at the Reid Campus and adjacent to the Tuggeranong Library are pay parking and belong to the ACT government.
Information about pre-paid longstay parking tickets is available at the Territory and Municipal Services website.
If you are a full-time student on a low income (proof required by showing a Centrelink/Health Care/Pension Card or an AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY allowance statement), you can apply for a student parking voucher for use for one semester in the ACT Government pay car parks adjacent to Reid Campus and the Tuggeranong Library. Student parking vouchers cost $36.60 and represent significant savings on parking costs for students studying full time.
Step 1 - To apply, please complete an Application for ACT Government Concessional Parking Ticket at CIT Reid and CIT Tuggeranong, available online via Access Canberra or from CIT Student Services Ground Floor, A Block, Reid Campus.
Step 2 - Bring your application to CIT Student Services Reid campus along with:
- proof of your Centrelink concession;
- your current ACT or Interstate Driver Licence; and
- means of payment (EFTPOS, credit card accepted)
Step 3 - Once approved and payment received, you will receive a CIT Student Parking Voucher, valid for the current semester.
To view the availability of parking around CIT Reid please view the CIT Reid Parking Plan.
CIT Reid Student Carpark
Currently the CIT Reid Student Carpark is full. If you believe you may be eligible due to Hardship please contact the CIT Student Association on 6207 3600.
- Part-time students with a concessional card who study during the day at CIT Reid will be provided access to the CIT Reid student carpark. (A Centrelink low income healthcare card will be accepted);
- Students studying full-time in a full-fee paying course at CIT Reid campus (full-fee courses are courses previously listed as Commercial Courses); and
- Students assessed by CITSA as being in hardship. Contact CIT Student Association (CITSA) on (02) 6207 3600 or E: email@example.com.
Eligible students will be required to pay a fee of $36.60 per semester prior to having their CITCard validated for access to the carpark. Parking payments and card access for these eligible students will be managed through CIT Student Services.
NOTE: There is a limit to the number of parking spaces available and access will be issued on a first come - first served basis.
- Full-time students who hold a concession card may also be eligible for concessional parking for a fee $36.60 per semester by applying to Access Canberra or CIT Student Services for car parking directly across the road from CIT Reid on Constitution Ave.
- Students needing assistance in applying for either a Low Income Healthcare Card or Centrelink Concession Card can contact the CIT Student Association on (02) 6207 3600 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org. Students who are not on a current Centrelink Concession may still be able to apply for a Low Income Healthcare Card as the income threshold does not include assets.
- Other students seeking parking around CIT Reid should visit Access Canberra for options.
For more information, including eligibility, visit this website Centrelink Low Income Healthcare Card.
If you wish to apply or access to the Reid Student Carpark you will need to complete the online Student Carpark Access Form.
For evening students at CIT Reid the boom gates on both the CIT Staff and Student Carparks are raised at 4pm each afternoon for evening students to park.