Skip to Content
Need Help Live Chat


As a CIT student you may be refunded for your course fees if your situation meets the following:

  • If CIT cancels a course in which you have enrolled and paid fees, a full refund of all fees will be provided.
  • If you withdraw before the invoice due date of relevant fees, a refund will be granted. To receive a refund you must have paid for the fees and submitted a Withdrawal Request Form or sent an email to or completed the withdrawal section of the enrolment form and handed to CIT Student Services, that you wish to withdraw from your studies before the invoice due date/ relevant Census date (for all FEE-HELP/VET Student Loan eligible courses).
  • If you are an International Student and cancel your enrolment in writing at least 14 days before the commencement of your enrolled course.

Under exceptional circumstances, CIT may give a refund after the invoice due date. You are required to apply for this refund in writing and provide relevant documentary evidence to substantiate your claim.

Examples of exceptional circumstances are:

  • disability or serious illness as documented by a medical certificate (minimum absence two weeks) or as recommended by the Institute's Disability Education Advisor or Student Equity Support Officer
  • unexpected interstate transfer. Documentation from employer required. Transfer within the immediate southern NSW region is not sufficient
  • significant change to family situation e.g. death of partner/child.

This refund may be adjusted for the period of enrolment already accessed and administrative costs in refund processing.

If you are eligible for a refund on your CIT fees, there are two ways that your paid fees can be reimbursed to you:

  1. You can nominate to have your refund direct deposited via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) into your chosen bank account. You will need to provide your bank details to CIT in order for this option to be actioned. This is CIT's preferred method for refunds.
  2. It can be sent to your address in the form of a cheque. Please ensure that CIT has your current mailing address, you can do this by confirming your address in your withdrawal email or by updating your details in CIT Self Service.