CITCard Application Form
You must provide a recent colour photograph of yourself with your CITCard application.
Warning: Unacceptable photos will delay the processing of your application.
The following guidelines will help you provide suitable photographs, so that your application is not delayed by having to submit new photographs in the required format.
- show your head and top of shoulders close up
- be good quality colour
- have plain, light-coloured background (e.g. cream, pale blue or white)
- be appropriate brightness and contrast showing your skin tones naturally
- have uniform lighting (no shadows across or behind the face)
- be a clear and sharply focused image.
- show your shoulders square on (not looking over shoulder)
- show your face looking straight at the camera, not tilted sideways or up or down
- show the edges of your face (hair out of face)
- show your eyes open and clearly visible, (nothing obscuring eyes, including hair)
- not show any shadows or 'red eye'
- not show any reflections on glasses or face
- show no head coverings (except for religious purposes).
- Be a .jpg/.jpeg file type
- Be no bigger than 3MB
The photograph must show you without any hat or other head covering. However, if you wear a head covering for religious reasons we will accept a photograph of you wearing it, but your facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of your face must be clearly shown.
It is preferable that you do not wear your glasses in your CITCard photo. However, you may do so if you wish. If you do choose to wear glasses:
- They must show your eyes clearly
- There should be no flash reflection off the glasses
- Lenses should not be tinted
- Frames should not cover any part of your eyes.