Does electricity flick your switch?
With a qualification in electrotechnology from CIT, you'll be set for life.
Electrical apprentices can pursue the best of both worlds - learn while you earn as an apprentice with access to all the latest skills, knowledge and training techniques, and the perfect pathway to an in-demand career. With qualifications available to set you up in careers in domestic wiring, air-conditioning and refrigeration through to large scale commercial installation CIT has an electrical course for you. You could even eventually start your own business.
Our courses in electrotechnology are industry-applauded and delivered by teachers with expert knowledge, helping you to further your career, upgrade your skills or get your career started.
Personal protective equipment:
- safety glasses - students must wear these at all times in the workshop, or any eye hazard area as specified by the teacher
- protective footwear - covered uppers, steel capped toes and non-slip shoes to AS2210
- hand protection – long leather gloves to AS2161
- hair protection - long hair (i.e. hair below collar length) must be restrained (hat, headband, or hair tie)
- industrial type clothing (100% cotton drill)
- white cotton gloves (testing procedures – stage 2,3 and 4)
Students failing to meet these minimum standards of dress will not be permitted entry in to practical classes.
- coloured pencils
- 300mm ruler
- 30 / 60 / 45 and 180 degree set square
- calculator (trig functions, scientific non- programmable type)