With a qualification in electrotechnology from CIT, you'll be set for life.
Learn while you earn as an apprentice with access to all the latest skills, knowledge and training techniques at CIT. With qualifications available to set you up in careers in domestic wiring, air-conditioning and refrigeration through to large scale commercial installation CIT has an electrical course for you. You could even eventually start your own business.
Our courses in electrotechnology are industry-applauded and delivered by teachers with expert knowledge, helping you to further your career, upgrade your skills or get your career started.
Personal protective equipment:
- safety glasses - students must wear these at all times in the workshop, or any eye hazard area as specified by the teacher
- protective footwear - covered uppers, steel capped toes and non-slip shoes to AS2210
- hand protection – long leather gloves to AS2161
- hair protection - long hair (i.e. hair below collar length) must be restrained (hat, headband, or hair tie)
- industrial type clothing (100% cotton drill)
- white cotton gloves (testing procedures – stage 2,3 and 4)
Students failing to meet these minimum standards of dress will not be permitted entry in to practical classes.
- coloured pencils
- 300mm ruler
- 30 / 60 / 45 and 180 degree set square
- calculator (trig functions, scientific non- programmable type)