Please note: Applications received after 5pm Tuesday, 19 December 2023 will be assessed from Monday, 15 January 2024.
The Fee Assistance program provides financial assistance for eligible CIT students experiencing financial hardship.
Fee Assistance can provide financial assistances towards:
- student fees, recognition fees and uniform fees generated through Banner (CIT's student enrolment system). Granted fees are paid by CIT staff directly off student’s account before being advised of the result.
- required course materials available only through CITSA Bookshops. Granted amounts are by way of a credit at CITSA Bookshops. Credits are valid for approximately one (1) month.
Approved funding is for up to 65% of outstanding invoices (after the initial $20.00 payment) and/or required course materials. Though multiple applications in the same semester are accepted the maximum amount of support $750.00 per student.
*Amounts of support varies depending on amounts requested and the funding available at the time an application is received.
How to apply
- Complete the Fee Assistance Eligibility Checker through the blue button below.
- If you are eligible, you will be provided information on submitting your online Fee Assistance application both on-screen and emailed to the address provided in the Fee Assistance Eligibility Checker form.
- Follow the advice provided and submit your application ensuring all required documents are attached.
- While waiting for a result of your Fee Assistance application you should begin to make payments on your invoice/s. Note, do not pay more than 35% of your costs as we do not provide reimbursements or refunds.
- We aim to email a result of the application within 14 business days. However at times of high demand this timeframe may be longer.
Whether your application has been successful or not, you will be given one (1) week to pay your outstanding fees or organise a payment plan, if eligible.
Information and assistance links
- Fee Assistance Eligibility Criteria information
- Fee Assistance Checklist and Process Information
- Fee Assistance Required Documents list
- List of staff who can assist you to complete your Fee Assistance application
- Finding your booklist and CITSA Bookshop quote information
Other financial options
For information about other financial options which may be available to you visit the CIT website Course Fees and Assistance page.
Fee Assistance also assists with funding for eligible CIT students with a one-off payment towards the cost of a CIT Student Association (CITSA) sourced low-cost laptop or desktop computer. Contact CITSA on 6207 3600 or email@example.com for further details.