Skip to Content
Need Help Live Chat

Frequently Asked Questions

What is CIT Self Service?

CIT Self Service allows you to view and update your own information online using CIT's Student Information Management System, all records are subject to the Information Privacy Act 2014.

CIT Self Service can be used to:

  • Apply for a course of study
  • Enrol into subjects
  • Update your Personal Details e.g. phone, email, address & emergency contact
  • Check you Enrolment Status
  • Check if you have any Holds
  • View your Schedule (Timetable)
  • Unofficial Transcript (Record of Results)
  • Account Details ($)

Top of Page

Student Access, Login and Passwords

CIT passwords are synchronised. Passwords are the same for CIT Internet access, CIT Self Service and eLearn. Your Username will be your CIT number (e.g. CIT123456).

When you enrol at CIT you will be sent an email to activate your Microsoft 365 account and set your password.

To change your password go to, and complete the form. Please use your student email account (CIT******

Before you start think about a password, the requirements are:

  • 10 characters or more
  • At least one capital letter, one number and one symbol
  • CANNOT be one of your last 10 passwords
  • CANNOT include common phrases or your name.

Note: Secure your password and do not give it out to anyone. If you have any issues or need additional support:

Top of Page

CIT Self Service recommended web browsers

Current versions of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Safari web browsers should allow you to access CIT Self Service.

Top of Page

What is a CRN and why is it important?

CRN stands for 'Class Reference Number'.

Each unit or subject that you study at CIT will have a CRN to identify your classes/subjects for that course.

You will see the CRN(s) listed on documents such as your Unofficial Transcript (Record of Results), your Student Schedule - Timetable and your Statement of Account (but not on your Invoice).

The CRN is also used in the transfer of information from the Student Information Management System to the eLearn system. If you find that you cannot access one of your courses in eLearn, it will help to resolve the problem more quickly if you know the CRN.

Top of Page

How do I print my Student timetable?

To print a copy of your schedule:

  • Click on Student Menu
  • Click on Study Info
  • Click on "Student Detail Timetable"
  • Select a term and submit the request
  • Download the Class Schedule PDF or print the screen using your web browsers print features

Top of Page

Can I print an unofficial transcript?

To print a copy of your Unofficial Record of Results:

  • Click on Student Menu
  • Click on Academic records
  • Click on "Unofficial Record of Results"
  • Click the SUBMIT button
  • Click the "Download PDF" button

To obtain an Official Academic Transcript you need to fill in the Request for CIT Academic Documents smart form. The form may also be accessed from the CIT website under Student Forms. There is no charge for a single copy of an Official Academic Transcript for the course you are currently enrolled in. Additional copies cost $20 each. Please allow 10 working days for your application to be processed.

Top of Page

When will grades (results) be available?

Subject grades should be available two weeks after a unit or subject has ended.  As many subjects are offered flexibly you may need to check regularly or ask your teacher.

It is important to know that the results your teacher has entered in eLearn are just results for specific pieces of assessment; they are not your final grades.

From 2020, CIT students and graduates will be issued with digital academic documents through the My eQuals portal. CIT is the first VET provider to join My eQuals, providing digital official academic transcripts and awards to CIT students and graduates on My eQuals. Visit the My eQuals page at: If your student record has a 'hold' applied to it your results will be withheld.

Top of Page

What are Holds?

A 'hold' is a block on your student record that can prevent you from re-enrolling, borrowing resources, receiving results or even graduating.

The two main types of hold are financial (due to outstanding fees) or library (due to outstanding library materials). There is also a returned mail hold which is applied when mail is returned to CIT because you are no longer at the address recorded on Banner. This hold is only applied if CIT is unable to contact you in order to obtain your current address.

If you need assistance regarding a hold on your record, you should contact CIT Student Services on (02) 6207 3188.

Top of Page

If there is a problem with my academic records where can I get advice?

You should contact CIT Student Services for assistance on (02) 6207 3188.

Top of Page

Who can I contact for more information on CIT Self Service?

If you need more information about CIT Self Service, or you want to suggest ways to make these FAQs more useful please contact:

Top of Page