Apply for accommodation
Before you apply for accommodation at CIT please check that you meet the eligibility criteria:
- CIT accommodation and accommodation services are provided for international and regional Australian students. Students from the ACT are not eligible.
- Students under 18 years of age will not be admitted to the CIT student residence and will be recommended to homestay style accommodation and
- Accommodation is allocated on an equal basis for international and regional Australian students.
Preference will be given to students:
- in their first year of studies at CIT;
- regional Australian students who have not previously lived away from home;
- Indigenous Australian students;
- students with disabilities which may be a barrier to gaining suitable accommodation.
When is the best time to apply?
- If your course starts in the first semester of a new study year we recommend you apply at the beginning of September the year before you commence study.
- By applying early you have a greater chance of being offered a room at the residence of your choice.
- You can still apply even if you are unsure of being offered a place at CIT.
- No fee payments are required with the booking form.
- If you are an international student or a domestic (regional) student and are approved to receive CIT accommodation, you will need to pay a placement fee of $150* (AUD) to be allocated a room and sign a contract for a two semester period (one year) only.
- After your contract expires you are required to vacate.
- You can reapply to stay in your room but there are no guarantees you will be given another two semester contract.
- A fee of $50.00* (AUD) will apply if you wish to change from agreed first placement to different accommodation.
- A fee of $150.00* (AUD) applies if you would like to be collected from the airport on arrival in Canberra.
- Airport reception is compulsory for students under 18 who are not being accompanied by their legal guardian to Australia.
- A bond must be paid with a terms rent in advance or fortnightly payments can be arranged.
- CIT Accommodation policy requires that you stay in residence for the entire semester.
- If you leave before the semester finishes then you will not receive a refund of rent paid and you will be liable to pay any rent outstanding for that semester.
- You must be 18 years of age or over to apply for accommodation at the Bruce Campus Residence or Monterey Apartments.
*Fees subject to change.
You can apply for accommodation at a CIT Residence online.
Otherwise, information and application forms may be obtained by telephoning, emailing or writing to:
CITSA - CIT Accommodation Services
Postal Address: PO Box 826, Canberra ACT, 2601 Australia
Telephone: +61 2 6207 4661
Facsimile: +61 2 6207 3643
Or download an Accommodation Booking Form (PDF 204Kb).
Please print and complete the form and return it by mail or fax. Alternatively you can scan the complete form and return it via email.