You can also check your unofficial transcript via CIT Self Service.
If you need an official record of your results before completing your course, which shows all subjects achieved you can complete the Request for CIT Academic Documents online form. When requesting an Official Academic Transcript from CIT, please supply your CIT student number, date of birth, your current mailing address, the CIT course code and the name of the course. A digital transcript will then be issued to you on My eQuals.
Your first hardcopy will be issued to you at no cost, charges may apply for subsequent copies.
Official course completion documents
- CIT Award (Testamur)
- Record of Results
- Statement of Attainment
- Trade Paper (ACT Apprentices and Trade Recognition students only)
- Specialisation Statement (if applicable)
When you complete your qualification you will be issued with a digital CIT Award and/or an Official Academic Transcript within 30 days of your final pass grade being entered by your teacher into Banner (the CIT student information system). You will receive an email to confirm that your digital documents are available to access through the My eQuals portal.
Your documents will be issued with your full name exactly as it appears in Banner. Please check that spelling, capitalisation and middle names are recorded correctly through CIT Self Service.
If you do not receive your digital academic documents within 30 days of completion, please email email@example.com with your CIT student number, date of birth, the course code and the name of the course which you require. Some of the possible reasons for the delay are listed below and you can check these by logging on to CIT Self Service.
- Is your email address correct? If your email address is not correct, update it immediately via CIT Self Service and email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to have your documents redirected.
- Do you have missing grades? Check your unofficial transcript via CIT Self Service. If your transcript shows that you have been unsuccessful in a subject/s and you don't think that the grade is correct or there are grades missing, contact your teacher directly so that this issue can be resolved.
- Do you have a hold on your record that prevents any academic documents from being released to you? If you do have a hold on your record, call CIT Student Services on (02) 6207 3188 to resolve this issue. Don't forget to email email@example.com after your hold has been lifted so that your academic documents can be issued.
* Students who complete one of the following qualification levels are eligible for a CIT Testamur - Certificate I - IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Degree, Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma qualifications, and ELICOS programs. Students who complete short courses or partially complete one of the qualification levels listed above will be issued with an Official Academic Transcript only.
Competency Cards are available for selected courses where there is an established industry need.
Request for replacement or additional academic documents
If you have lost or damaged your original CIT Award, Official Academic Transcript, Trade Paper or Competency Card you may apply for a replacement by completing the Request for CIT Academic Documents online form.
If you are applying for replacement documents due to a name change you must provide certified copies of change of name documentation from the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
|Academic Document Replacement|
|Year of Completion||Item to be replaced||Issuing Service Standard|
|2004 - present||Trade papers||2 weeks|
|1998 - present||Academic transcripts/specialisation statement||2 weeks|
|For academic records issued prior to 1998 (from archives)||Transcript of academic record including confirmation of completion if applicable (digital version not available)||8 weeks|