CIT is committed to minimising its environmental impact. CIT is implementing and demonstrating better practices relating to waste, water consumption, recycling, carbon emission, and landscaping.
All of us need to be aware that we are part of the environment our action can make a difference. Whether it be turning the tap off whilst cleaning your teeth, or putting all rubbish in the appropriate bin, we can do our bit. Being wasteful, not recycling, and being careless may be fun in the short term, but the planet is suffering. Please consider the consequences of your actions and the subsequent impact on the environment.
Here are a few tips which can help:
- Grow some of your own food. If you do not have any space, join a community garden.
- Use recycled paper (where appropriate). Use recycling bins available on campus. Turn off lights when you leave a room.
- Replace regular light bulbs with an energy-saving light bulb and switch to green power.
- Use less water - take shorter showers. Recycle.
- Use a clothesline instead of a dryer, whenever possible.
- Reduce the number of kilometres you drive by walking, cycling, carpooling or taking an ACTION bus whenever possible.