Prepare for further study, improve your employment opportunities and refresh your existing skills with CIT's range of certificates in general education for adults or skills for work and vocational pathways.
What are foundation skills?
Foundation skills are the essential skills that people need to be able to participate in the community, education or training and the workplace. They include a combination of language, literacy, numeracy and digital literacy (LLND) as well as employability skills.
Watch skills for work and vocational pathways at CIT video for more information:
Who should consider studying foundation skills?
- people exploring training options
- people returning to work or study after an extended absence
- people who want to build their confidence to improve job opportunities
- special interest groups
- people with a mild to moderate intellectual disability or learning difficulty
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
Skills for work and vocational pathways
- Develop your employability skills and explore vocational options. This course will give you the understanding and knowledge you need to be current in the workplace. You will learn essential workplace skills such as communication, numeracy, and digital literacy, to be effective and confident in any professional environment.
- You will also learn about study skills and developing a pathway to employment or further vocational training. This course is suitable for anyone who is returning to the workforce, study, refresh their LLND or looking for a career change.
- Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways FSK20119 targets essential workplace practices such as applied numeracy, completing workplace documents, communicating in a professional environment, and current digital literacy expectations.
General education for adults
- Build your language, numeracy, digital (LLND) and learning skills to participate more fully in everyday life, further learning and work.
- You will develop skills to transition into vocational courses, senior secondary study, pre- apprenticeships/apprenticeships and the Australian Defence Forces. Training also available for students who have a mild to moderate intellectual disability or learning difficulty.
- Certificate II in General Education for Adults 22473VIC will further improve your literacy, numeracy, communication and computer skills. It will also build your confidence to participate in further learning.
- Note: Students who apply for any of the general education for adults courses will be required to complete a short skills evaluation and attend an interview before they can enrol into classes.
- Students who need additional study support can register with CIT Student Support before they apply.
AA - these courses are available as apprenticeships, traineeships or Australian School-based Apprenticeships (ASbAs). See above for availability, or contact CIT Student Services on (02) 6207 3188 or email@example.com.
Delivery - FT = Full-time, PT = Part-time, ON = Online, FL = Flexible.