News and updates
- February 2024 - Construction Activity Update
- January 2024 - Media Release: Smart Campus technology as CIT Woden rises
- December 2023 - Media Release: Woden bus interchange gets a freshen-up
- December 2023 - Project Update
- August 2023 - Latest flythrough video of CIT Woden design
Latest artist impressions
CIT Woden will have a variety of vibrant public spaces to welcome students, staff, commuters, visitors and residents. The external design of the campus is strongly influenced by smooth lines in nature, which includes multiple areas of relaxation, recreation and ease-of-access for those who are using the area. The internal campus design incorporates multi-level learning spaces with large windows to take advantage of natural light and wood features throughout.
The ACT Government is delivering a new CIT campus, public transport interchange and youth foyer in the heart of Woden. This once-in-a-generation campus renewal is a key priority in CIT's evolution and Strategic Compass - CIT Futures 2025. This will ensure CIT remains relevant and valuable in training and supporting quality skilled graduates for industry.
CIT’s new 22,500m² Woden campus will be a contemporary, flexible, smart and sustainable facility for 6,500 students each year at the site of the existing bus interchange. A range of courses will be delivered at CIT Woden, focusing on skills in demand now and for the future. Preparing students for roles in business, cyber security, IT, creative industries, English language, hairdressing, hospitality, and more!
A new CIT campus in Woden will strengthen CIT's existing campuses in Fyshwick, Bruce, Gungahlin and Tuggeranong. The new campus will open up a range of new collaboration opportunities for CIT students, with local businesses, industry and the broader community.
CIT is on track to make the move to Woden in 2025.
What this means for CIT students and industry
The new CIT Woden campus will provide a digital and technological uplift to the ACT community and industry. Featuring specialist learning facilities that simulate industry and start-up spaces and makerspaces where CIT students and staff can come together, learn, share, explore and collaborate with local industry. Locating CIT within close proximity to the growing Woden business district has the potential to increase the opportunities for CIT students to undertake local job training during their study.
The incubators and makerspaces will encourage industry stakeholders to collaborate with CIT students during their vocational education and training journey. This will provide enhanced employment pathways, with more job-ready skilled employees and better educational and student outcomes.
CIT Woden will be located at the site of the existing bus interchange on Callam Street in Woden.
Proposed courses relocating to CIT Woden
Baking and Patisserie
Beauty Therapy and Make-up
Hairdressing and Barbering
Screen and Media
CIT Woden will deliver excellence in outcomes for stakeholders in the VET sector
- Deliver an agile and flexible campus which maximises the efficient and effective use of different learning spaces and embraces sustainable design principles
- Enhance the contribution to the education eco-system in the Territory
- Form a contemporary, flexible, smart, and sustainable campus
- Generate a facility that facilitates effective engagement with local and global industry
- Generate a visible and accessible campus for community
Shape the Woden Town Centre
- Create an enhanced Transport hub that facilitates an integrated transport network which links bus, light rail and active transport
- Deliver a town centre shaping urban renewal project, providing opportunity for collaboration and activation within a diverse precinct
Excellence in design
- Deliver a contemporary, flexible, smart, and sustainable campus that embraces sustainable design principles
- Deliver architectural excellence and creates people oriented public places that enhance the Woden Town Centre as a safe, attractive, and interesting place to live, work and visit
Value for money for the community
- Community and stakeholder engagement during design and delivery
- Deliver an affordable, value for money facility with whole of life operational efficiencies
- Facilitate local industry participation and workforce development
- Use the buying power of the Territory to promote increasing diversity in the construction industry
- Construction and Traffic Impacts
- CIT Woden Press Releases
- CIT Woden Publications
- CIT Woden - Built for CBR website
- CIT Woden - Major Projects Canberra website
- CIT Woden - YourSay Conversations website
- ACT Infrastructure Plan
- Woden Town Centre Master Plan
- Woden Renewal
Contact the CIT Woden Project team at CITCampusWoden@cit.edu.au