About Canberra Institute of Technology
Who is CIT?
CIT is a dynamic, connected and diverse vocational education and training provider, offering quality skills development to individuals, employers and industry in Canberra, Australia and globally.
CONNECTED - Learner-focused, industry-led, community-minded, collaborative, supportive
DYNAMIC - Innovative, vibrant, stimulating, flexible, responsive
CONFIDENT - Experienced, reliable, quality, capable, ambitious
DIVERSE - Accessible, fun, kaleidoscopic, inclusive, passionate
TRANSFORMATIVE - Creative, inspiring, encouraging, aspiring, digital
CIT launched a new strategic plan on 31 January 2014. [Click here to download CIT 2014 - 2016]
A few facts about CIT
- CIT has been the premier provider of technical and further education in the ACT and surrounding area for over 85 years.
- CIT has six locations across Canberra - CIT Bruce, CIT Fyshwick, CIT Gungahlin, CIT Reid, CIT Tuggeranong and CIT Woden - and delivers nationally-accredited training packages via the workplace, online and on-campus.
- CIT is a statutory authority of the ACT Government
- CIT staff: More than 1,000
- CIT students: 25,480
- 92 countries are represented at CIT
- 2013 ACT Large Training Organisation of the Year
- 2012 Australian Apprentice of the Year, Sara Burke, trained at CIT
- 2012 Australian Vocational Student of the Year, Gloria Davison, trained at CIT
- 40 measurable initiatives have been identified in the CIT Reconciliation Action Plan
- 21 law enforcement agencies from different countries receive specialist CIT forensic science training
- 5 low socioeconomic schools in the ACT are partnered with CIT to give the parents of school students' literacy and numeracy training
- 92% of CIT graduates are employed or in further study after training (compared to the national average of 89%)
- 85% of students study with CIT part-time
- 57% of CIT students are over the age of 25
- 37% of CIT students work full-time and study
- 1,000+ Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA) cadets and midshipmen receive customised workplace military communications training from CIT
- Social addresses: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google +, YouTube
- Chief Executive : Leanne Cover
- Executive Team:
- Carolyn Grayson - Deputy Chief Executive
- Shane Kay - Chief Operating Officer
- Nicole Stenlake - Executive Director, Governance and Executive Services;
- Sue Maslen - General Manager, Students and Academic Services;
- Paul Ryan - General Manager, CIT Solutions.
Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) is a Registered Training Organisation under Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
With over 25 years in the sector and offering training in over 80 subject areas, CIT Solutions is a leading provider of customised training, education and consultancy services.
Drawing on the expertise of facilitators with extensive industry knowledge, CIT Solutions' carefully selected team comes from the world of business, the public sector and academia to provide a comprehensive offering for government departments and private organisations. We offer a diverse selection of training options, from large-scale programs designed specifically for big teams to short recreational courses aimed at the individual.
CIT Solutions Pty Ltd is wholly owned by the Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) and operates under the institute's status as a Registered Training Organisation.
For more information visit the CIT Solutions website.