Skip to Content
Need Help Live Chat

High risk work licences


We offer a range of high-risk work training programs for you and your staff.

We deliver these courses under nationally recognised units of competency.

Once you successfully complete our courses, you can apply for a high risk work licence (HRWL) from Worksafe ACT.

Under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011, you can only carry out specified classes of high-risk work if:

  • you hold a HRWL, or
  • you are formally enrolled with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and are working towards gaining a competency through supervised training.

You must renew your HRWL every five years. Please see the Worksafe ACT website for licensing requirements, guidelines and registrations.

Customised training

We can tailor our high-risk work training schedule to suit your business needs.

We can run courses at times that are convenient for you and your staff, including evenings and weekends. We offer courses for small or large groups and can even deliver training at your workplace.

Contact us today to see how we can help you:

Register for a course

Choose a course from our training suite below and complete the 'register your interest' form at the bottom of this page. We welcome both individual and group bookings.

Please note this form is not an application, it is an expression of interest. Once you submit the form, we will contact you to give you more information and to help you enrol.

Course dates are subject to change according to course demand. If course dates do change, we will let registered applicants know.

Training Fund Authority funding

If you're employed in the ACT construction industry, you may be eligible for funding from the ACT Building and Construction Industry Training Fund Authority (TFA).

We offer reduced fees on all our approved courses for people who are eligible for TFA funding.

You're eligible for TFA funding if you:

  • work for a company or organisation that is substantially (at least 80%) engaged in carrying out work described in the Schedule of Work in the Act, within the ACT, and
  • undertake training that meets all the requirements outlined in approved RTOs/courses.

If you don't meet the standard eligibility requirements but have special circumstances, the TFA may still find you eligible.

If you think you are eligible for TFA funding, we will apply for the rebate for you. You don't need apply yourself.

We and TFA take fraudulent declarations very seriously. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact TFA directly on (02) 6262 5630.

Apply for your high risk work licence

It is important to know we do not issue HRWLs. We deliver the training you are required to complete before you can apply for a HRWL.

After you have completed your training, we will give you a Statement of Attainment for your accredited course or unit of competency. You can then apply for a HRWL licence through Access Canberra.

If you have any questions about high risk work licensing, please refer to Access Canberra's high risk work licensing FAQ.


Register Your Interest

To apply for any of our courses please complete the 'register your interest' form below. Once you do, we'll contact you and give you the forms you need to complete your enrolment.

Please note this form is not an enrolment. You need to complete and return the enrolment forms we send you to finalise your place in these courses.

Full name*
Email address*
Phone number*
Company name
User type
Current or past CIT student number (if known)
Number of training candidates
Course interested In
What time do you prefer?
Is your employer paying your course fees?
Questions about training
Contact from CIT?
I would like to be contacted with future CIT High Risk training opportunities