Specialist migrant support is available for mainstream migrant and refugee students where learning needs cannot be met by other CIT programs.
This can include:
- advice about how to design suitable pathways to CIT courses
- a range of study support strategies, including additional time for exams
- dealing with issues and complaints about discrimination
- helpful referrals to other services and agencies
- understanding the educational and workplace culture in Australia
This service is free and confidential to students studying at CIT.
Cultural Diversity Coordinator:
(02) 6207 3335
CIT Reid, Level 1, Block A, Room A110a (above CIT Student Services)
CIT Bruce, Level 1, Block H, Room H136 (above CIT Bruce Library)
English Language skills - Students interested in studying in programs to improve their spoken English and/or reading and writing skills should contact the CIT Pathways College on (02) 6207 4800.
Drop-in Study Support - Assistance with studying and learning, including English, literacy and numeracy is available at CIT Reid Library, CIT Bruce Library, CIT Tuggeranong and CIT Fyshwick. Visit the Study Support webpage for details.
International Students - (overseas students who are not migrant or refugee students) should contact their Pastoral Care Officer. For details of Pastoral Care Officers contact your teaching area or Manager, International Pastoral Care on (02) 6205 9628.
We are currently unable to provide advice or appointments face-to-face.