NSW Travel Concessions for CIT Students
Did you know you can apply for a NSW Student Transport Concession at any CIT Student Services? This will give you half fare concessions on most NSW timetabled services for travel at all times (that is, not just to and from classes or work experience placement).
To be eligible you need to be:
- an Australian citizen (or permanent resident of Australia) residing in NSW a full-time student
- enrolled in a minimum of 16 hours per week in a course that runs for at least six weeks
- not engaged in business or employment full time
- not receiving any remuneration (scholarships and allowances such as Austudy and Youth Allowance are not counted as remuneration)
- not be a full fee paying overseas student.
Step 1 - To apply please complete an Application for a NSW Tertiary Student Concession Card Form, available online or from CIT Student Services on any campus.
Step 2 - Bring your Application Form to CIT Student Services on any campus with your CIT Card or a photo ID.
Step 3 - CIT will notify you by email once your application to NSW Transport has been accepted. You will then be able to apply online for your NSW Transport Concession Entitlement Card.
For more information on what the concession card provides, please visit the NSW Government Transport website.