Hosted at our designated asbestos training facility at CIT Bruce, you will be taught asbestos best practice in our purpose built simulated environment. Gain hands-on experience and knowledge under the guidance of industry experts including a former ACT safety commissioner, and become compliant with WorkSafe ACT asbestos removal regulations and requirements.
This course is designed to provide the knowledge and skill for individuals to be able to identify a range of asbestos products and materials and be able to report the material to the relevant person.
9 December 2017 - CRN 85634
20 January 2018 - CRN92730
24 February 2018 - CRN92735
17 March 2018 - CRN92740
7 April 2018 - CRN 92801
28 April 2018 - CRN 93241
19 May 2018 - CRN 93248
- Location: CIT Bruce, A Block, Room A207
- Delivery: 4-hour face-to-face workshop
- If you are late you may not be admitted to the course
- Cost: $190 or $110 for Training Fund Authority rebate eligible students
- Cost for customised delivery on your premises or outside the ACT is available on request.
CIT is the exclusive training provider in the ACT offering this course. Developed through an industry consultation process, this course aims to bridge the gap between asbestos awareness and asbestos removal, supervision and assessment. This training is ideal for tradespeople such as electricians, plumbers, gas fitters, carpenters and refrigeration mechanics who need to interact, penetrate or drill safely with asbestos containing materials. Develop competency in job risk assessment, hazard controls, safe use of tools, fit and use of PPE and decontamination and disposal procedures. Whilst not compulsory training at present, this course is expected to become so in the near future.
23 March 2018 - CRN 92793
15 June 2018
- Delivery: 4-hour face-to-face practical activities in CIT asbestos training facility with simulated materials Cost: $495 or $397.80 for Training Fund Authority rebate eligible students.
- Cost: $495 or $395 for Training Fund Authority rebate eligible students
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to remove non-friable asbestos containing material (ACM). This program includes preparing, containing and removing non-friable ACM, and includes knowledge of decontamination and disposal requirements. On successful completion, you can apply to the Office of Regulatory Services in ACT to obtain a 'Class B' Asbestos Removal Licence.
26 and 27 April 2018 - CRN 93237
21 and 22 June 2018
- Delivery: 2-day face-to-face workshop hosted at CIT asbestos training facility
- Cost: $500 or $150 for Training Fund Authority rebate eligible students
This course will give you the skills and knowledge required to supervise the removal process for friable and non-friable asbestos containing material (ACM). It includes planning for and supervising the removal process, including preparing the work area and the work site, using safe and compliant removal practices, maintaining safety procedures, and supervising the decontamination and removal processes.
26 and 27 April 2018 - CRN 93239
21 and 22 June 2018
- Delivery: 2 day face-to-face and practical assessment in CIT asbestos training facility
- Cost: $400 or $205 for Training Fund Authority rebate eligible students
CPCCOHS1001A - 'Work safely in the construction industry' is a pre-requisite for CPCCDE3014A - 'Remove Non-Friable Asbestos' and CPCCBC4051A - 'Supervise Asbestos Removal', you will not be eligible to enrol unless you have attained this competency. CIT offers CPCCOHS1001A - 'Work safely in the construction industry' as a 6 hour program fortnightly.
Are you a new student?
You will need a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to enrol at CIT. Click here to get your USI now!
Please see WorkSafe ACT website for licensing requirements and guidelines.
CIT has waived the Student Services and Amenities Fee for Asbestos Awareness and Working Safely with Asbestos Containing Material courses; however all other asbestos training enrolments will incur the Student Services and Amenities Fee of $40 per student per semester (applies to full-time, part-time, on campus or off campus students).