A career in graphic design is exciting, varied and fulfilling.
Graphic designers may work collaboratively with other design professionals from fields such as advertising, photography, press publishing, exhibition design, web design, video graphics, television, and fashion design.
Graphic designers communicate ideas, concepts, messages and information in visually engaging ways to connect with their target audiences.
As designers, you'll be involved in developing effective visual communication and designs for various clients that may span a number of communication mediums.
It's time to take your design career seriously!
The advanced diploma course at CIT is well established and renowned by industry for producing work ready graduates. As a CIT graphic design student, you will benefit from:
- high face-to-face contact hours (real classes) averaging 20 hours per week with experienced industry professionals as teachers and low class numbers (20 per group)
- well-equipped computer labs with the latest Mac computers, projection screens, software, and attached peripheral devices
- equipment loans: still cameras, video cameras, tripods, Wacom tablets
- guest speakers from local and interstate design studios
- local, interstate and international excursions to contextualise and broaden your horizons and understanding of the design industry
- opportunity to work on real industry projects for real commercial clients
- participation in exhibitions to launch your work and profile as an emerging designer
- developing an extensive portfolio of work, reviewed by real industry practitioners
- industry internships and work experience programs within real established design studios.
Further study pathways
Completion may provide you with credit towards a Bachelor degree in a related program. CIT maintains relationships with a number of local and regional universities such as ANU, UC, ACU and CSU. Credit arrangements are subject to change. For the most up-to-date information, contact the university directly.
|Advanced Diploma||Graphic Design
|Statement of Attainment||Preparatory Skill Set for Professional Graphic Design Practice
AA | ASBA - these courses are available as apprenticeships, traineeships or Australian School-Based Apprenticeships (ASBAs). See above for availability, or contact CIT Student Services on (02) 6207 3188 or email@example.com.
Delivery - FT = Full-time, PT = Part-time, ON = Online, FL = Flexible.