With a qualification in electrotechnology from CIT, you'll be set for life.
Learn while you earn as an apprentice with access to all the latest skills, knowledge and training techniques at CIT. With qualifications available to set you up in careers in domestic wiring, air-conditioning and refrigeration through to large scale commercial installation CIT has an electrical course for you. You could even eventually start your own business.
Our courses in electrotechnology are industry-applauded and delivered by teachers with expert knowledge, helping you to further your career, upgrade your skills or get your career started.
Introduction to Electrotechnology - Career Start
Our short course in Electrotechnology is designed to equip you with trade experience, employability skills and industry insights to prepare you for an apprenticeship in the electrotechnology industries.
The Certificate II in Electronics (UEE21920) will provide you with the basic foundations in electronics, electrical and refrigeration and air conditioning, along with workplace safety skills so you can begin your career.
Certificate III in Electronics and Communications UEE30920
The Certificate III in Electronics and Communications UEE30920 provides training in selecting, installing, setting up, testing, fault finding, repairing and maintenance of electronic equipment and devices at component/sub-assembly level. There are elective options in radio frequency and security. This course is available to apprentices and non-apprentices.
Personal protective equipment:
- safety glasses - students must wear these at all times in the workshop, or any eye hazard area as specified by the teacher
- protective footwear - covered uppers, steel capped toes and non-slip shoes to AS2210
- hand protection - long leather gloves to AS2161
- hair protection - long hair (i.e. hair below collar length) must be restrained (hat, headband, or hair tie)
- industrial type clothing (100% cotton drill)
- white cotton gloves (testing procedures - stage 2,3 and 4)
Students failing to meet these minimum standards of dress will not be permitted entry in to practical classes.
- coloured pencils
- 300mm ruler
- 30 / 60 / 45 and 180 degree set square
- calculator (trig functions, scientific non- programmable type)