CIT Student Support staff aim to ensure that women, men and transgender students are fairly represented and supported in courses, particularly those that involve new technologies and non-traditional skills.
This is done by:
- providing information to students regarding government policy relating to equity issues
- dealing with harassment, bullying and discrimination issues and complaints
- supporting students' career choices
CIT Student Support staff work across CIT as a reference point regarding issues relating to harassment, bullying, discrimination or perceived discrimination. These may take the form of advice, advocacy, disseminating policy information and assisting the student to the most appropriate support. This service is free and confidential to students currently studying at CIT.
Discriminatory behaviour is not acceptable and can relate to a person's:
- religious or political beliefs
- marital or parental status
Contact CIT Student Support on (02) 6207 3290 or CIT.Student.Support@cit.edu.au for assistance.