International Student Support
To enhance your time studying at CIT, there are a range of support services available for international students:
- Subject Teachers can help with any questions you may have and refer you to department-based Pastoral Care Officers (PCO) if needed.
- Pastoral Care Officers (PCO) are teachers or staff in each department delegated to support international students in their area. Click here to find your PCO contact details.
- Peer Tutoring is available to international students if you are having a problem with subject content. For more information contact (02) 6207 3600.
- English Language Support for award qualifications is available as needed and provided by CIT's EAL (English as an Additional Language) specialist teachers. Your PCO (details as above) will be able to arrange this support.
- Studiosity and Study Support are available for students needing assistance with understanding concepts, writing, proofreading and construction of course work and assessments.
- Counselling Services are available to all international students. You can make an appointment to see a student counsellor on (02) 6207 3290, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
International Student Support CIT
Manager, CIT International Pastoral Care - Rosalyn Didier
Email: email@example.com or Phone (02) 6205 9628
Other services available
CIT International Opening hours and location
The CIT International office is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm, CIT International is located at CIT Bruce in Room C102. Free parking is available. Please refer to the Bruce Campus Map.
Room C102, First Floor, Building C
Haydon Drive, Bruce ACT 2617
PO Box 226
Jamison ACT 2614
Alternatively, you can contact CIT International by:
- Telephone: +61 2 6207 4662
- Email: International@cit.edu.au
Enquiries to CIT International:
- credit transfer (Skills Recognition)
- immigration and visas
- overseas student health cover
- students wanting to take leave/holidays
- student requiring letter for employers, immigration and family members to visit.
International Student Advisors
International Student Advisors help you during your time at CIT. They can answer questions about personal study needs, visa extension, fees and study support. Student Advisors also monitor students' academic performance and attendance.
International Student Advisors are now located at Student Services on CIT Bruce and CIT Reid all day, every day, except Thursdays after 1pm. Appointments are preferred.
Appointments can be made at CIT Student Central, by email ISAdvisors@cit.edu.au or by phoning (02) 6207 4662.
International Student Advisors can be contacted by email or phone:
- Email: ISAdvisors@cit.edu.au
- Phone: Jackie Spellman (02) 6205 3524 or Charlie Roussety (02) 6207 6984
The finance officer is available to take payment for course fees and other related expenses. The CIT International finance office is located within CIT International office. Payments can be made Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm. EFTPOS and Credit card payments only..
Contact the CIT International finance office during business hours on:
- Phone: (02) 6205 1265
- Email: ISFinance@cit.edu.au
The CIT accommodation officer is available to help regional and international students with accommodation placement and offer support for students living in CIT residences. They also manage accommodation facilities and organise maintenance for the CIT residences.
To enquire about accommodation, book an appointment using the contact details below, or drop in to the CITSA office located in Block H at CIT Bruce.
Contact the accommodation officer during business hours:
- Phone: (02) 6207 4661
- Mobile: 0402 140 269 (call after hours only in emergencies)
- Email: CITStudentAccommodation@cit.edu.au
During your study
As you are here on a student visa, you are required to:
In mainstream courses:
- meet course/subject requirements
- perform academically - submit all assignments and pass more than 50% of your units of competencies / subjects studied each semester
- study full time - unless otherwise arranged through CIT International complete course within full time study period unless negotiated with CIT International
- complete course within full time study period unless negotiated with ISU
- not change courses unless first negotiated with CIT International
- not work more than 40 hours per fortnight during terms (may work more hours in term & semester breaks)
- request extra time in exams (20 minutes in subjects below diploma level, except English language programs, Year 12 and BSSS programs)
In English & foundation courses:
- attend 80 per cent of classes, participate in class and perform academically.