International Student Support
To enhance your time studying at CIT, there are a range of support services available for international students:
- Subject Teachers can help with any questions you may have and refer you to department-based Pastoral Care Officers (PCO) if needed.
- Pastoral Care Officers (PCO) are teachers or staff in each department delegated to support international students in their area. Click here to find your PCO contact details (PDF 187Kb).
- Peer Tutoring is available to international students if you are having a problem with subject content. For more information contact (02) 6207 3600.
- English Language Support for award qualifications is available as needed and provided by CIT's EAL (English as an Additional Language) specialist teachers. Your PCO (details as above) will be able to arrange this support.
- Studiosity and Study Support are available for students needing assistance with understanding concepts, writing, proofreading and construction of course work and assessments.
- Counselling Services are available to all international students. You can make an appointment to see a student counsellor on (02) 6207 3290, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CIT International Pastoral Care
Belinda Wallis, Acting Manager
Email: email@example.com or Phone (02) 6205 9628
Other services available
CIT International opening hours and location
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Location: Building C, Room C102, CIT Bruce
- Free parking is available. Please refer to the CIT Bruce Map.
Room C102, First Floor, Building C
Haydon Drive, Bruce ACT 2617
PO Box 226
Jamison ACT 2614
Alternatively, you can contact CIT International by:
- Telephone: +61 2 6207 4662
- Email: International@cit.edu.au
Enquiries to CIT International:
- credit transfer (Skills Recognition)
- immigration and visas
- overseas student health cover
- students wanting to take leave/holidays
- student requiring letter for employers, immigration and family members to visit.
International Student Advisors
International Student Advisors are located at Student Central at CIT Reid (Room A08) and CIT Bruce (Room C102) within the International office, Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:30pm. Appointments are preferred. Not available for appointments on Fridays.
International Student Advisors can be contacted by phone or email.
- Charlie Roussety (02) 6207 6984
- Jackie Spellman (02) 6205 3524
- Sally Waters (02) 6207 4890
The finance officer is available to take payment for course fees and other related expenses. The CIT International finance office is located within CIT International office. Payments can be made Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm. EFTPOS and Credit card payments only..
Contact the CIT International finance office during business hours on:
- Phone: (02) 6205 1265
- Email: ISFinance@cit.edu.au
The CIT accommodation officer is available to help regional and international students with accommodation placement and offer support for students living in CIT residences. They also manage accommodation facilities and organise maintenance for the CIT residences.
To enquire about accommodation, book an appointment using the contact details below, or drop in to the CITSA office located in Block H at CIT Bruce.
Contact the accommodation officer during business hours:
- Phone: (02) 6207 4661
- Mobile: 0402 140 269 (call after hours only in emergencies)
- Email: CITStudentAccommodation@cit.edu.au
During your study
As you are here on a student visa, you are required to:
In mainstream courses:
- meet course/subject requirements
- perform academically - submit all assignments and pass more than 50% of your units of competencies / subjects studied each semester
- study full time - unless otherwise arranged through CIT International complete course within full time study period unless negotiated with CIT International
- complete course within full time study period unless negotiated with ISU
- not change courses unless first negotiated with CIT International
- not work more than 40 hours per fortnight during terms (may work more hours in term & semester breaks)
- request extra time in exams (20 minutes in subjects below diploma level, except English language programs, Year 12 and BSSS programs)
In English & foundation courses:
- attend 80 per cent of classes, participate in class and perform academically.