CIT aims to provide an environment where students with disabilities can study without disadvantage.
CIT is committed to providing suitable and reasonable adjustments to support students with disabilities including health/medical conditions. Reasonable adjustments are based on individual support needs and are designed to empower students to achieve their study goals.
CIT provides education to adult learners. When you enrol at CIT, our relationship is with you as the student. You are welcome to have a parent or support person involved in your learning journey. However, irrespective of your age, they cannot replace you in the decision making or contact processes.
To be able to access reasonable adjustments at CIT you must register with CIT Disability Support.
What kind of support is available?
- Help to make informed choices about a study plan
- Pre- and post-enrolment support
- Assessing individual education needs and implementing reasonable adjustments
- Assessment support
- Auslan/English Sign Language interpreters
- Group tutorials
- Technological support to empower individual learning
- Sharing information and referrals when requested
- Upholding confidentiality and respect for student privacy.
When should I register?
You are encouraged to register for disability support before enrolling or as soon as possible after enrolment. If you do not contact us well enough in advance CIT may not be able to implement the required adjustments or supports that suit your needs in time for the start of classes.
How do I register?
To register you must complete a CIT Student Support - Disability Contact Form and provide supporting medical documentation, diagnosis or psychologist report at least two (2) business days prior to an appointment.
This form is available in the following ways:
- Online by clicking this link, emailing your completed form and supporting documents to CIT.Student.Support@cit.edu.au
(In the subject line of the email please use Documentation for Advisors) or
- In printed format from CIT Student Support offices at CIT Bruce and CIT Reid. If you bring in supporting documents, we can scan it for you.
Once this has been received, you will be contacted to arrange an appointment.
For all other enquiries, please contact CIT Student Support reception on (02) 6207 3290.
At the appointment Student Support staff will discuss any individual reasonable adjustments you may require while studying at CIT. Together you will develop an Access Letter to share with teachers so they can implement the needed adjustments.
We are currently unable to provide advice or appointments face-to-face. Appointments are offered remotely as telephone or Telehealth online video call sessions. In-person appointments are only available in exceptional circumstances.
If you have booked a Telehealth session with a Disability Education Advisor, see our Telehealth page for information about how to access this service.