CIT aims to provide an environment where students with disabilities can study without disadvantage.
CIT is committed to providing suitable and reasonable adjustments to support students with disabilities including health/medical conditions. Reasonable adjustments are based on individual support needs and are designed to empower students to achieve their study goals. To be able to access reasonable adjustments at CIT you must register with CIT Disability Support.
What kind of support is available?
- Help to make informed choices about a study plan
- Pre- and post-enrolment support
- Assessing individual education needs and implementing reasonable adjustments
- Assessment support
- Auslan/English Sign Language interpreters
- Group tutorials
- Technological support to empower individual learning
- Sharing information and referrals when requested
- Upholding confidentiality and respect for student privacy.
When should I register?
You are encouraged to register for disability support before enrolling or as soon as possible after enrolment. If you do not contact us well enough in advance CIT may not be able to implement the required adjustments or supports that suit your needs in time for the start of classes.
How do I register?
- Contact CIT Student Support Reception to discuss your needs and make an appointment.
- Provide CIT with the appropriate documentation to support your condition (as discussed when making your appointment)
- Complete a registration form and document any individual reasonable adjustments you may require.
After CIT Student Support has met with you it will create an access plan based on the information/documents provided to share with teachers so they can implement the needed adjustments to ensure your inclusion in classes.
We are currently unable to provide advice or appointments face-to-face. Appointments are offered remotely as telephone or Telehealth online video call sessions. In-person appointments are only available in exceptional circumstances.
If you have booked a Telehealth session with a Disability Education Advisor, see our Telehealth page for information about how to access this service.