The Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) is the ACT and region’s leading training organisation. We provide a wide range of education and training courses that focus on the skills and knowledge you need for the workplace and further study. We pride ourselves on the quality of our teachers who have a strong reputation for their expertise, practical methods, qualifications and personal support.
Studying with CIT means quality courses and services, relevant curricula, modern facilities and a focus on your individual needs.
Quick facts about CIT
- You have made the right decision - more than 20,000 students currently study at CIT from more than 75 countries.
- You have choice - almost 300 courses provide students with a wide variety of options designed to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world.
- You have flexibility - there are campuses at Bruce, Fyshwick, Gungahlin, Reid and Tuggeranong.
- You have an educational partner for life - qualifications range from certificates to degree level.
- More than 90% of CIT graduates are employed, or undertaking further training, within six months of completing their course.
Quick facts about AIE
- Partners with CIT in Canberra, Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne to deliver the Bachelor of Games and Virtual Worlds (Programming).
- Four campuses at Canberra, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney.
Who studies at CIT?
One of the strengths of CIT is its diversity - the student community includes people who are entering the workforce for the first time or going back to work after a long break. There are those individuals who want to change their career or to acquire new skills to meet the demands of an ever changing world. Some of our students are new to Australia and some have specific training needs. If a caring community appeals to you CIT is the place to be.
Services to you
At CIT we want you to enjoy your student experience with us. To help you do that we have a range of services available to you and encourage you to make the most of them. Services include:
- Professional counselling services
- Course and career information and advice
- An active student association (CITSA) which provides advocacy, student activities and information for students. CITSA also provides accommodation, bookshops, food services and cafes on campus
- Financial support for students experiencing hardship, disability, and other equity support
- A welcoming Centre for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students (CIT Yurauna).
For students studying at the AIE campus in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney CIT and AIE provide the following services:
- Financial support for students experiencing hardship
- Course and career information
- Access to professional counselling services as well as disability and equity support initially via the phone number (02) 6207 3290.
Why choose CIT?
- Its reputation - CIT has a proud and enviable reputation for quality in vocational education; integrity in its curricula and service delivery; and for the respect it shows to those people and businesses within the greater CIT community.
- Its appeal - this reputation exists not only in the ACT but also nationally across Australia and within the international community, attracting more than 1200 international students.
- Its partnerships - business and industry have partnered with CIT because of the nature and relevance of the different courses on offer. This partnership assists student in finding employment and gaining work experience.
- Its flexible learning options - CIT has pioneered flexible learning options that include full-time, part-time, online and face-to-face opportunities for many courses.
- Its respect for your experience - through its Skills Recognition process CIT places great value on your previous study and work experience.
- Its articulation arrangements - CIT has in place a number of agreements with leading Australian universities which means you can start your study at CIT and have it count towards a degree if you decide to continue to study Higher Education.
- Its networks - CIT has links with various international organisations which provide opportunities for student and employee exchanges.