Microsoft Office 365 for Students
All currently enrolled CIT students have access to CIT Student Microsoft Office 365 unless the course you are enrolled in is less than 1 day duration.
How do I access CIT Student Microsoft 365?
Once you have completed your enrolment, you will receive an email from CIT Student Account Status, this email will have all the information you need to set your password which is the trigger to issue you a Microsoft 365 licence.
What if I don't receive an email for Microsoft 365?
If you haven't received an email from CIT Student Account Status as part your enrolment process, check the following:
- Check your junk emails, your Spam Filter might have picked up the email
- Check your email address in CIT Self Service is correct
- Check you have a valid mobile phone number in CIT Self Service
If you are still unable to locate the email follow these steps:
- Open a web browser and on the address bar type in, https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com
- In the Email or Username field, enter your CIT Student Email address is: CITXXXXXX@Students.cit.edu.au (CITXXXXXX, Is your CIT Number). Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Select "I've forgotten my password" and click on Next
- Select "Email my Alternative email address" and click on Email (this is the email address CIT has on record for you)
- Access your personal email account to get the verification code.
- Enter the verification code in the box provided and click Next
- In the next screen enter your mobile number and click Text to receive a verification code to your mobile.
- Enter the Verification code in the box provided and click Next
- Enter and confirm a new password.
How long do I have access to my CIT Student Microsoft 365 account?
All students will only have access to their CIT Student Microsoft Office 365 account while they are a current student studying at CIT.
Accounts will be deleted 120 days after completing studies at CIT - from when the final subject is completed for the semester.
To ensure no important information is lost - please ensure you save any files onto a USB or other storage device within 90 days of completing your study.