JobTrainer at CIT
JobTrainer is a jointly funded initiative of the Commonwealth, state and territory governments.
JobTrainer offers free vocational education and training to young people (17 to 24 years, who have finished school), and job seekers across Canberra, in areas of employment growth. Places are limited and you must meet the eligibility requirements.
Current available courses
To apply, click on the course you are interested in from the list below.
Statements of Attainment (Short courses)
Setting you up to succeed!
In addition to the services provided by the CIT Student Support team, there is specific student support funded as part of Job Trainer. As a JobTrainer student you will have access to a dedicated Online Learning Success team (including technical support), counselling services, disability support and tailored library support services. In addition, mentors and tutors, optional weekly drop-in Language, Literacy, Numeracy and Digital (LLND) tutorial sessions and access to a very willing and committed CIT community focused on your success and achievement.
JobTrainer Eligibility Criteria
As a minimum a student must, for the duration of the enrolment, be:
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand passport holder resident for more than six (6) months, or
- a person who holds a visa that is identified as being eligible, and
- living or working in the ACT
A student must, at the time of enrolment, be:
- a person aged 17-24 years of age, regardless of employment status, who is not enrolled in or attending a school or college, or another program leading to the completion of year 12, or
- a job seeker who is:
- out of work; and/or
- in receipt of income support payments.
- Student must enrol in the approved JobTrainer courses on or before 30 September 2021.
- Students cannot be enrolled into a course if they are already enrolled in the same or equivalent course.
- Students cannot be enrolled into a course they have completed in the past 7 years.