JobTrainer at CIT
JobTrainer is a jointly funded initiative of the Commonwealth, state and territory governments.
JobTrainer offers free vocational education and training to young people (17 to 24 years, who have finished school), and job seekers across Canberra, in areas of employment growth. Places are limited and you must meet the eligibility requirements.
JobTrainer courses have varied eligibility requirements based on the announcement of the JobTrainer extension focus areas.
Current available courses
To apply, click on the course you are interested in from the list below.
Statements of Attainment (Short courses)
Setting you up to succeed!
In addition to the services provided by the CIT Student Support team, there is specific student support funded as part of Job Trainer. As a JobTrainer student you will have access to a dedicated Online Learning Success team (including technical support), counselling services, disability support and tailored library support services. In addition, mentors and tutors, optional weekly drop-in Language, Literacy, Numeracy and Digital (LLND) tutorial sessions and access to a very willing and committed CIT community focused on your success and achievement.
JobTrainer Eligibility Criteria
As a minimum a student must, for the duration of the enrolment, be:
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand passport holder resident for more than six (6) months, or
- a person who holds a visa that is identified as being eligible, and
- living or working in the ACT, and is:
- a person aged 17 to 24 years of age, regardless of employment status, who is not enrolled in or attending a school or college, or another program leading to the completion of year 12; or
- a year 12 student aged between 17 to 24 who has fulfilled the requirements of the ACT Senior Secondary Certificate, including all assessments; or
- a job seeker who is:
- out of work, and/orin receipt of income support payments; or
- in receipt of income support payments; or
- a person who is enrolling in:
- an aged care, childcare or disability qualification, regardless of age or employment status; or
- a digital skills qualification, regardless of age or employment status.
- Students cannot be enrolled into a course they have completed in the past 7 years.
- Students cannot be enrolled into more than 1 JobTrainer course at a time.