Choosing a Course and location
- Read the Flexible Learning Guide and further information on courses that interest you.
- Choose the location and course and book into an appointment for an information and enrolment session.
Attending information and enrolment session
- Learn more about flexible learning.
- Discuss choice of subjects with the teacher. If you already have the skills covered by the subjects, there is a skills recognition process designed to give you exemptions for subjects where you already have the required skills.
- Complete the Student Information section and the Additional Information section of the Registration Form.
- Your interviewing teacher will provide the Course Reference Numbers (CRNs) for the subjects you have chosen and the appropriate program code and program name.
Completing the Enrolment Process
- Take your completed enrolment to CIT Student Services Tuggeranong, Gungahlin or Library Reid and receive an invoice.
- You will need to provide:
- three forms of identification - one photographic (eg Driver's Licence) and two to prove permanent residency (eg a current Medicare card, birth certificate or passport)
- documentary evidence to support any claim for a fee concession
- a letter of authorisation from any sponsoring body (if relevant).
Paying your Invoice
- You can pay your student fees at the CIT Student Services*, a Government Shopfront, Australia Post, online at Canberra Connect, or by telephone. Details can be found on the fee payment notice.
- You must pay by the due date. CIT refers outstanding fees to the Institute's debt collection agency.
Purchasing Your Books and Resource Materials
- Refer to the booklist provided either by your interviewing teacher at the information session or available online for the books and resources you need to purchase for the subjects you have chosen
- The books and resources can be purchased at the CITSA Bookshop on campus.
Obtaining Your CIT Card and After Hours Access Area
You will need to obtain a CIT Card to access CIT library resources, discounts from the CIT Student Association (CITSA) and After Hours Access. CIT Cards can be obtained from the CIT Student Services*. You must have paid your fees and provide photographic identification such as a Driver's Licence to have your identity validated before your CIT Card will be issued.
- Book in for your first core time session.
- What to bring to your first Session Time:
- Printout of your Study Schedule
- Textbooks and other resources you may have been advised to bring.
* CIT Student Services are also available at the CIT Tuggeranong and CIT Gungahlin.