Choosing a Course and location
- Read the Flexible Learning Guide and further information on courses that interest you.
- Choose the location and course and book into an appointment for an information and enrolment session.
Attending information and enrolment session
- Learn more about flexible learning.
- Discuss choice of subjects with the teacher. If you already have the skills covered by the subjects, there is a skills recognition process designed to give you exemptions for subjects where you already have the required skills.
- Enrol online via CIT Self Service.
- Your interviewing teacher will provide the Class Reference Numbers (CRNs) for the subjects you have chosen and the appropriate course code and course name.
Paying your Invoice
- You can pay your student fees via CIT Self Service using a debit/credit card. Using this method guarantees your payment will appear instantly on your student account. Alternatively, you can pay your CIT fees by visiting an Australia Post office, Access Canberra Shopfront or online via Access Canberra. Details can be found on the fee payment notice.
- Failure to pay your fees may result in your enrolment being cancelled.
Purchasing Your Books and Resource Materials
- Refer to the booklist provided either by your interviewing teacher at the information session or available online for the books and resources you need to purchase for the subjects you have chosen
- The books and resources can be purchased at the CITSA Bookshop on campus.
Obtaining Your CITCard and After-Hours Access Area
You will need to obtain a CITCard to access CIT library resources, discounts from the CIT Student Association (CITSA) and After-Hours Access. CITCards can be obtained from the CIT Student Services. You must have paid your fees and provided 100 points of identification to have your identity validated before your CIT Card will be issued.
- Book in for your first core time session.
- What to bring to your first Session Time:
- Printout of your Study Schedule
- Textbooks and other resources you may have been advised to bring.