Rural Allied Health Assistant Scholarship
Human and Health Services
Apply for $3,000 to help you with your allied health assistant career. This scholarship can support you with studying the Cert IV in Allied Health Assistant or Cert IV in Pharmacy Assistant. It’s perfect for school leavers, or if you are interested in pursuing a rural health career. Apply now. Applications open 19 Feb and close Friday 26 April 2024. Visit https://www.heti.nsw.gov.au/Placements-Scholarships-Grants/scholarships-and-grants/rural-allied-health-assistant-scholarship
How to apply:
Complete the online application form by midnight Friday 26 April 2024. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Applicant Support Letter. If you are a NSW Health employee, upload a letter of support from your current manager or supervisor using the template. If you are not already a NSW Health employee, please provide a letter of support (using the template) from a professional referee regarding your suitability for this career path and potential for work in a rural NSW health setting.
- As part of this application, please respond to the following questions and upload your responses in one document:
- Describe what you hope to achieve by completing this training.
- Describe the need for and benefit of this training for your current or planned role.
- Describe how this scholarship will assist you to work or gain employment in a rural setting.
Allied Health Assistant Scholarship Applicants must:
Be current NSW Health employees with non-clinical or clinical roles or individuals interested in working for NSW Health in a rural setting with intention to work as an Allied Health Assistant or Pharmacy Assistant. Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident and a resident of NSW. Have resided in a rural or remote area in NSW for a minimum of five consecutive or eight cumulative years since the age of five. Be seeking to enrol in a full qualification from the Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (HLT43021) or the Certificate IV Hospital Health Services Pharmacy Support (HLT47121) or single units delivered by TAFE NSW. Demonstrate a desire to contribute to the future of health in rural and regional NSW. Agree to work under the supervision of an allied health professional(s) in one or more of the following allied health areas: occupational therapy, podiatry, physiotherapy, social work, pharmacy, radiography, dietetics, audiology, speech pathology, recreation therapy, exercise therapy
Application Closing Date: Friday 26 April 2024