CIT - TFA Indigenous Scholarships in Construction
Building, Construction and Engineering
CIT Building and Construction Management, CIT Yurauna and the ACT Building and Construction Industry Training Fund Authority (TFA) have partnered to offer the CIT - TFA Indigenous Scholarships in Construction for a qualification in Building and Construction Management.
These scholarships are offered to assist an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person to enrol in a building and construction management qualification. This will provide an opportunity for the personal and professional development of building and construction professionals whether in technical, management or policy roles.
CIT qualifications eligible for scholarship in 2022/2023
|Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)||
Four (4) semesters full-time (approx. 18 hours per week) or part-time equivalent|
For participants who have completed previous study and/or work in the building industry - 2 semesters full-time (approx. 18 hours per week) or part-time equivalent.
|Three (3) scholarships valued up to $4,000|
|Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)||Three (3) semesters full-time (approx. 18 hours per week) or part-time equivalent||Two (2) scholarships valued up to $3,000|
|Certificate II in Construction Pathways||Two (2) semesters full-time one day per week (approx. 5 hours)||Two (2) scholarships valued up to $1,000|
|Total available: Seven (7)|
How to apply:
- read and agree to the CIT - TFA Indigenous Scholarships in Construction - Terms and Conditions 2022_2023
- submit the CIT - TFA Indigenous Scholarships in Construction - Application Form 2022_2023 in full, along with any requested supporting documentation to Canberra Institute of Technology by the advertised closing date.
Enquiries: Anthony Cowlishaw
Head of Department, Building and Construction Management,
Engineering and Design
Level 2, Block A Room A214 CIT Bruce
email@example.com (02) 6205 9840
Application Lodgement: email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Value: up to $1,000 to $4,000 as described below
Number Available: 7
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person 16 years or older for the Certificate II; 17 years or older for the Certificate IV and Diploma. We would also like to encourage mature aged students to apply
- able to provide confirmation of Aboriginality or Torres Strait Islander Certificate
- living and/or working in the ACT
- either employed in or seeking employment in the building and construction industry
- enrolled or intending to enrol into one of the following qualifications in 2023 and able to meet the entry requirements to enrol into the nominated qualification.
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building), or
- Diploma of Building and Construction (Building).
- eligible to attend the relevant classes at CIT Bruce in accordance with timetable
- committed to completing the nominated qualification at CIT within three (3) years of commencement of the qualification.
Further Information: CIT TFA Indigenous Scholarships in Construction Application Form (MS Word Document)
CIT TFA Indigenous Scholarships in Construction Terms and Conditions 2022_2023 (MS Word Document)
Application Closing Date: Friday 28 July 2023