CIT - LendLease Indigenous Scholarships in Construction
Building, Construction and Engineering
Lendlease is offering this scholarship to assist an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student who is enrolled or intending to enrol in a building and construction qualification. This will provide an opportunity for the personal and professional development of an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander in the building and construction profession whether in technical, management or policy roles.
How to apply:
- read and agree to the CIT - Lendlease Indigenous Scholarship Terms and Conditions - 2023 (MS Word 78Kb)
- submit the CIT - Lendlease Indigenous Scholarship Application Form - 2023 (MS Word 92KB) in full, along with any requested supporting documentation to Canberra Institute of Technology by the advertised closing date
Enquiries: Anthony Cowlishaw
Head of Department, Building and Construction Management
Engineering and Design
Level 2, Block A Room A214 CIT Bruce firstname.lastname@example.org (02) 6205 9840
Application Lodgement: email your completed form to email@example.com
CIT student fees to a value of $4,000 for the duration of the period of study for the qualification or two years, whichever the lesser. Fees will be refunded to the successful completion of each unit of study at the end of the semester and credited to the student’s account. In addition, possible placement with an ACT's leading sub-contractors following satisfactory interviews in year two (2).
Number Available: 1
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person 17 years of age or older (mature aged students are encouraged to apply)
- able to provide confirmation of Aboriginality or Torres Strait Islander Certificate
- living and/or working in the ACT
- either employed in or seeking employment in the building and construction industry
- enrolled or intending to enrol into one of the following qualifications in 2023 and able to meet the entry requirements to enrol into the nominated qualification.
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building), or
- Diploma of Building and Construction (Building).
- eligible to attend the relevant classes at CIT Bruce in accordance with timetable
- committed to completing the nominated qualification at CIT within three (3) years of commencement of the qualification.
Application Closing Date: Friday 28 July 2023