CIT - GEOCON Women in Construction Scholarship
Building, Construction and Engineering
GEOCON is offering this scholarship to assist a female student who is enrolled or intending to enrol in a building and construction qualification. This will provide an opportunity for the personal and professional development of a female building and construction professional whether in technical, management or policy roles.
How to apply:
- Read and agree to the attached CIT - GEOCON Women in Construction Scholarship - Terms and Conditions 2023 (MS Word 79Kb)
- submit the attached CIT - GEOCON Women in Construction Scholarship - Application Form 2023 (MS Word 90Kb) in full, along with any requested supporting documentation to Canberra Institute of Technology by the advertised closing date.
Enquiries: Anthony Cowlishaw
Head of Department, Building and Construction Management,
Engineering and Design
Level 2, Block A Room A214 CIT Bruce
email@example.com (02) 6205 9840
Application Lodgement: email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Value: CIT student fees to a value of $4,000 for the duration of the period of study for the qualification or two years, whichever the lesser. Fees will be refunded to the successful completion of each unit of study at the end of the semester and credited to the student’s account. In addition, possible placement with an ACT's leading sub-contractors following satisfactory interviews in year two (2).
Number Available: 1
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must be:
- Female students 17 years or older. We would also like to encourage mature aged female students to apply
- living and/or working in the ACT
- either employed in or seeking employment in the building and construction industry
- enrolled or intending to enrol into one of the following qualifications in 2023 and able to meet the entry requirements to enrol into the nominated qualification.
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building), or
- Certificate IV in Building Project Support, or
- Diploma of Building and Construction (Building).
- eligible to attend the relevant classes at CIT Bruce in accordance with timetable
- committed to completing the nominated qualification at CIT within three (3) years of commencement of the qualification.
Further Information: CIT - GEOCON Women in Construction Scholarship - Terms and Conditions 2023 (MS Word Document)
CIT - GEOCON Women in Construction Scholarship - Application Form 2023 (MS Word Document)
Application Closing Date: Friday 28 July 2023