Study Abroad with CIT
Want to take part in an exciting study abroad experience?
CIT's study abroad programs provide students with the opportunity to undertake a study or placement experience overseas that is related to their study qualification.
Administered by the Department of Education and Training, Endeavour Mobility Grants, together with Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships, support two-way engagement between Australia and the rest of the world. The mobility grants and scholarships provide life changing opportunities for Australian and overseas students and professionals to access global learning and research opportunities and develop global skills and perspectives.
In 2018, CIT has been successful for eight Endeavour Mobility Grants; Five ASIA Vocational Education and Training programs which provide short-term grants for VET students to undertake study in Asian and Pacific locations; as well as Three Vocational Education and Training Outbound Mobility programs, which provide short-term grants for VET students to undertake study in global locations excluding Asia and Pacific locations.
This year successful students will have the opportunity to travel to Canada, Singapore, France and Spain, Cambodia, Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste, and New Zealand to undertake VET Mobility programs in their field of study, providing you the opportunity to travel while you study and add a unique experience to your social, personal and career development.
Successful students will receive between $2,000 - $2,500 per program. Some programs also include an additional $1,000 for language training. Students can expect to pay approximately $1,000 - $2,500 in addition to the government grant.
The below opportunities will be available to students enrolled in courses in 2018.
- 10 BUILDING, CONSTRUCTION, and BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT students will travel to Singapore to explore technological innovations, sustainable building processes, techniques and materials that are used overseas.
- 10 DIPLOMA OF BEAUTY THERAPY AND ADVANCED DIPLOMA OF INTERNATIONAL HOTEL AND RESORT MANAGEMENT students will travel to Singapore to experience its globally recognised quality customer service within the hotel, resort and spa industries.
- 10 CERTIFICATE IV IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY students will travel to Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste to be exposed to issues related to effectively delivering educational sessions to communities in developing countries.
- 10 DIPLOMA OF NURSING students will travel to Canada to gain knowledge and integrate skills by shadowing hospital-based health professionals (doctors, nurses and allied health staff) and students at teaching hospitals will visit and collaborate with nursing students at the associated teaching institutions.
- 8 DIPLOMA OF APPLIED FASHION AND TECHNOLOGY students will travel to Cambodia to work with aid organisation APHEDA to work with Cambodian and Lao garment trainers and gain a deeper appreciation for ethical garment production practices.
- 10 CERTIFICATE IV IN COMMERCIAL COOKERY, ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS, CERTIFICATE IV IN SMALL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, DIPLOMA OF TRAVEL AND TOURISM, CERTIFICATE IV IN TOURISM students in post-apprenticeship studies will travel to New Zealand's food capital to participate in the 'Wellington on a Plate' culinary festival; a showcase of the industry, food trends and regional produce to expand the students' culinary knowledge.
- 10 CERTIFICATE IV AND DIPLOMA students will travel to Singapore for the opportunity to work alongside their contemporaries in Singapore in the Makerspace facilities at Temasek Polytechnic, where over 1000 students now undertake exciting team based practical workshops whilst enrolled in their primary discipline.
- 10 CERTIFICATE IV, DIPLOMA AND ADVANCED DIPLOMA students will travel to France and Spain to explore the renewable energy sector and see industry examples of good design in the application of renewable energy, including solar and battery storage, as well as the impact on business and construction.