Lego ® Builders Group Volunteer
We are seeking an enthusiastic volunteer to assist the Lego ® Builders Group Facilitator with the group.
The LEGO® Builders' Group is a free group for children aged 5 years and up on the autism spectrum and their siblings. Kids can come along and enjoy building something new or from the instructions while developing their problem solving, fine motor and social skills.
Sessions run every Monday from 3:30 - 5:00pm and every third Saturday from 10:00 - 11:30am
The Lego ® Builders Group Volunteer will:
- Assist with set up and pack up of sessions (ensuring the premises are left clean, tidy and secure)
- Welcome the participants (and their parents) to the sessions
- Support the Lego ® Builders Group Facilitator and participants according to their needs
- Behave in a manner consistent with Marymead values and policies
- Other duties as requested by the Lego ® Builders Group Facilitator
This volunteer role would ideally suit someone who:
- Enjoys Lego ® based activities
- Interacts well with young people
- Has experience supporting children, adolescents or young adults on the autism spectrum.
Requirements to work at Marymead are:
- Current ACT Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) card
- Up to date COVID vaccination status
- Clearance from a National Police Check (organised and paid for by Marymead).
Marymead has been operating in the Canberra and surrounding NSW region since 1967, delivering therapeutic and support services to meet the needs of children, young people and families in the community. Our organisation has a justifiable reputation for the delivery of high quality services to support vulnerable children, young people and families.
To apply please complete the application form and forward along with a copy of your current CV and WWVP card.
- Job Type:
- Volunteer Role
- Closing Date:
- 12:00am 26 June 2022
- Industry Area:
- Community Work
Contact Linda Stoopman on 0261625800 or email Linda.Stoopman@marymead.org.au