Coordinator | Out of School Hours | Kambah ACT
Warami – Hello (Darug)
Canberra is Ngunnawal country. The Ngunnawal are the Indigenous people of this region and its first inhabitants. The neighbouring people are the Gundungurra to the north, the Ngarigo to the south, the Yuin on the coast, and the Wiradjuri inland - https://www.act.gov.au/ngunnawal-country
"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." - John Cotton Dana
Are you an Educational Leader, Team Leader, or 2IC? or perhaps you’re a coordinator? Have you thought about the next step to further your career in Education and expand your skill set? This might be the opportunity you have been looking for.
This fantastic opportunity, you’ll be the Coordinator of a vibrant service that is well respected in the community. The service is averaging 55 children during after school care and is access to various spaces to provide stimulating play based learning experiences for children. As the Coordinator, you will be provided training and supported by the approved provider, you'll have contracted hours during school term and various hours during vacation care.
As a service, we believe Outside School Hours Care should be an inspiring, welcoming, and supportive environment in which everyone has the chance to grow and develop. Our growing team of dedicated educators is looking for a committed, driven individual who wants to be part of guiding tomorrow's generation in providing an environment where children can explore, discover, and express their talent and abilities.
- You're dedicated to providing ongoing guidance and support to improve outcomes for families.
- You have knowledge and understanding of the NQF | NQS | MYTOP | Regulations.
- You have experience in a leadership position, guiding and mentoring a team.
- You hold an ECE | OSHC Diploma or equivalent, perhaps studying towards a qualification in Children’s Services.
- You have experience in a leadership position Coordinator | Assistant Coordinator | Responsible Person | Nominated Supervisor |Team Leader in OSHC or early childhood.
- Someone who is passionate about working with children and can mentor educators in supportive practices for children with additional needs.
- Someone who is career minded and thrives on making a positive difference.
- You have experience dealing with management, building relationships & ensuring positive interactions with the school community.
- Someone who strives for and makes a positive difference and who can take charge and ownership of the service.
- You're adaptable, you are open and willing to learn new things, take on new challenges, and make adjustments to suit transitions in the service.
- Fully immunised and up to date with your boosters.
About the service:
- Split shifts during Before and After school care & block shifts during Vacation Care.
- Vacation care hours are available between 8 am-6pm.
- Dynamic team, Educational Leader and Assistant Educators.
- Above Award wages | $35 - $42 per hour (dependent on experience & qualifications).
- Childcare Software Management Kidsoft operating system.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Approved for 77 places.
- For the right candidate, flexible working arrangements are available.
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain.
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain.
- Minimum of Diploma in Children's Services (Early Childhood Education) (Out-of-Hours-Care), or equivalent, or extensive and 1-2 years of proven experience in a similar role at a similar sized service.
- Current WWVP Card.
- Covid 19 Vaccination Certificate By applying, you have the required documentation.
We are looking for an individual that understands, adheres to, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. In your position, you will create a culture, adopt strategies, and take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children and young people.
Does this sound like the role for you? Hit "Apply" Submit your resume with a cover letter highlighting how you would make a great Coordinator.
Do you want to know more about the position? Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Firefly HR: Providing guidance and support to the OSHC sector.
For more information find us on:
Check out our Professional Development calendar FIREFLY HR | Linktree
- Firefly HR
- Job Type:
- Closing Date:
- 12:00am 26 June 2022
- Industry Area:
- Children's Education and Care
Contact Anna Woodhouse on 0426503479 or email email@example.com